JOB TITLE: COST CONTROLLER
EEYOU-ISTCHEE BAIE-JAMES DIVISION
Reporting to the Director of Project Control, the Cost Controller will map the overall budgets and costs of the Eeyou-Istchee James Bay Division in the context of the development and execution of large-scale construction projects.
The cost controller assists the team in managing the costs of all development activities within the Division structure.
Ultimately, the Cost Controller ensures that all projects are completed within agreed budgets and provides vision to Pole and project management.
- Obtains an overview of the integrated cost monitoring and control of the Pole’s activities at both project and resource levels.
- Monitors critical budgets.
- Participates in the development of budgets and control tools, including dashboards.
- Participates in the drafting of various reports for the Sector and Sayona as a whole.
- Analyzes risks and opportunities.
- Monitors the progress of projects or tasks and manages emerging issues.
- Is the point of contact for all participants and keeps them informed of project status.
- Works with the manager to eliminate obstacles.
- Performs all related activities that the position is reasonably capable of performing.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a similar position is required.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in French and English.
- Experience in large-scale projects.
- Practical experience of project management tools and ability to work with various industry-standard project control tools.
- Ability to set up roadmaps and dashboards.
- Ability to communicate succinctly both orally and in writing in French and English with internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ambassador of cost tracking and control. Ability to achieve results by influencing others and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including Sayona stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare and interpret costs and forecasts.
- Good organizational skills including time management and multi-tasking.
- Able to work with tight priorities and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to an environment of frequent change.
- Experience in an industry related to industrial construction.
- Work location: Home base flexibility but regular visits to the Montreal head office.
- 40-hour work week.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Group insurance and very competitive pension fund.
- 8 floating vacations to be used each year as you see fit.
- Professional development, training, and opportunities for advancement.
- A friendly, dynamic team just waiting for you.
Does this position appeal to you? Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now at https://www.sayona.ca/carriere/. We look forward to meeting you!
Please note that the masculine gender has been used in the job description to lighten the text. Regardless of your gender, your application will be treated with integrity and professionalism.
Sayona thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.