- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Oujebougoumou
- Education Level College
Location: Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc.
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: According to the Salary Scale of the Enterprises Inc.
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. has a rewarding career opportunity in the Finance Department for the Cost Controller. The person is responsible for performing a large variety of financial and administrative tasks for the Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. and its subsidiaries including, but not limited to Auberge Capissisit Lodge, Broadback Fishing Camp, Forestry Projects and Nimsken Corporation.
About the Company
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. acts as the development corporation of the Ouje-Bougoumou Cree Nation. As it carries a diversified portfolio of businesses for the Band, great opportunities exist to further develop its resource businesses and commercial ventures to contribute to local business and economic development.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Cost Controller is responsible for performing a large variety of financial tasks for Oujé-Bougoumou Enterprise and its subsidiaries including, but not limited to, Auberge Capissisit Lodge, Casey’s depanneur, Broadback Outfitting Camp, Forestry Projects and Nimsken mining
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform the bookkeeping of OBE and some of its subsidiaries as requested.
• Carry out data entry of expenses and revenues with accuracy. Monitor and control budgets to ensure they are strictly respected.
• Perform bank reconciliation regularly.
• Perform activities related to Accounts Receivables for OBE and some of its subsidiaries as requested, including but not limited to, printing statements and invoices and sending them to clients, entering payments and making deposits.
• Carry out activities related to Accounts Payables for OBE and some of its subsidiaries as requested, including but not limited to, producing payment requests with purchase requests, following-up with the Finance department of OBCN and filing.
• Maintain inventory of equipment and make appropriate purchase recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Collect and verify production sheets and send them to OBCN Payroll. After pay is processed by OBCN, verify pay reports to detect overpayment or underpayment, correct hours and inform OBCN for accurate and timely payment of employees.
• Act as a liaison between the subsidiaries, OBE and OBCN on financial matters.
• Immediately report to the Chief Financial Officer any issue regarding the budgets (gaps, overspending, etc.).
Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities
• Prepare reports as requested as well as documentation for auditors.
• Act as a liaison with external organisations such as CNESST, SAAQ, Federal and Provincial Government. Prepare and send documents (remittances, application for licence, etc.) and follow-up on files.
• Prepare all necessary documents for the renewal of the BNQ certifications (payroll records, insurance papers, etc.).
• Collect documentation, data and prepare reports for the renewal of fishing access rights.
• Prepare various year-end reports for subsidiaries on TPS and TVQ, permits and outfitting licences, number and species of fishes caught, etc.
• Provide information to tourists regarding the fishing camp and other activities in the community. Verify availability of fishing trips.
• Coordinate the flight schedules of Broadback Fishing Camp as required.
• Ensure all hiring documentation is filled out and signed and forward it to payroll.
• Perform other duties as required
Education and Certification
• College degree (DEC, AEC) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
• Fluency in Cree and English
• Fluency in French an asset
Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent ability to coordinate multiple tasks
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong customer service
• Ability to be discreet and maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to work as a team member
• Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment
• Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products
• Familiar with SAGE, AKOUMBA, Maitre D and/or Hotello would be considered an asset
Philomen Shecapio Blacksmith, Human Resources Manager
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc.
203 Opemiska Meskino
Ouje-Bougoumou, QC G0W 3C0
Office: (418) 745-2519 ext:230
Fax: (418) 745-3544
Cell: (418) 770-1344
Please submit your resume and cover letter before May 3, 2023 at 4:30pm.
*Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. We thank you for your interest.