Department: Justice and Correctional Services
Location: To be Determined – In Community
Salary Grade 3: (Min. $40,294.00 – Max. $53,792.00)
Status: Permanent (2 Positions)
The Corrections Programs Assistant will provide support to the CORE programming and support groups in
each community as part of a client’s rehabilitation and reintegration. The incumbent will work in
collaboration with the Corrections Administrators, Community Reintegration Officers (CROs) and
Managers of Transitional Housing Program to deliver programming to the Cree communities and any
halfway house initiative of the department.
- Work closely with the Corrections Administrator and CROs on identifying needs and providing
programming and support groups for rehabilitation and reintegration services.
- Collaborate with facility Receptionists on logistics related to running of workshops within each
community, or with the Corrections Secretary for programs running outside of the Cree communities.
- Collaborate with the local CROs or Correctional Release Support Worker (CRSW) on generating lists of
clienteles for each workshop, training or support group.
- Work with the regional corrections team on generating the release plan of services and support for
clientele transitioning out of detention or being placed within our services as an alternative to
- Ensure databases are updated with client information for the purpose of regulatory requirements.
- Verify post workshop and regular reporting on programming; ensure that photos, videos or other
promotional materials are produced for use by the department.
- Liaise with complementary services, departments and agencies to ensure any programs or services of
benefit to clientele are linked to programming offered by the department.
- Work with regional team to ensure any reporting, surveys and feedback are collected at each training
- Ensure that a process for reporting of incidents arising from services, programs or support groups are
recorded and brought to the attention of the Administrators.
- Assist the Coordinator of Resources and Assets in ensuring that all sites have the necessary materials
needed for delivery of programs and services.
- Collaborate with Corrections Administrators and CROs to identify areas of improvement for delivery
of programs and services related to the CORE program and other department initiatives for
rehabilitation and reintegration.
- Provide information to Corrections Administrators for quarterly reporting to Manager of Corrections
- Complete reports and presentation documents as prescribed by the Administrator for quarterly
- Perform other related tasks as requested by the Director of Justice and Correctional Services.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma in Administration, Judicial Administration or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency of Cree and English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good communications skills, oral and written.
- Good program planning and implementation skills.
- Good organization skills including report writing.
- Adaptability to work environments and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to schedule multiple workshops and services.
- Ability to write short reports and presentations.
- Knowledge of Cree communities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned
requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan
determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From October 21, 2020 to November 4, 2020
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: JCSD-201021-1
Training and Development Specialist