- Period Of Employment12 Months
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level High School Diploma
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports: Chapais-Chibougamau, Val-d’Or, St-Hubert andQuébec
As aCore Shack Assistant, you will assist the geology team in their daily tasks.You will be responsible for coding, classifying and storing samples. You willbe responsible for sawing or splitting the cores so that the geologytechnicians or geologist can analyze their appearance and determine which oneswill be analyzed in the laboratory for the presence of minerals. Once thevarious samples have been analyzed, the workers pack the boxes of core samplesand transport them to the designated area for storage.
You will contribute to the success of theorganization by performing the following responsibilities:
– Transport the carrot boxes;
– Place the carrot boxes on a table or rack,
– Making tags for box numbering;
– Moving rock chains;
– Measuring boxes;
– Replace core boxes;
– Take geotechnical measurements (RQD);
– Attach boxes to pallets;
– Perform QAQC on core samples;
– Help or assist the geologist in these tasks;
– At Stornoway, we value teamwork and you will be expected to support yourcolleagues in other tasks related to your skills.
What do you need to succeed?
– You have a DEP in a related field;
– You have a good knowledge of the Office suite (Excel, Word and Outlook);
– You are recognized for your organizational skills and your attention todetail;
– You are autonomous in the execution of your tasks but do not hesitate to callupon your colleagues when necessary. You are a good team player!
Who We Are
At Stornoway, our 530 employees are whatdefine our company. We hire talented people who work as a team with passion, respect and integrity towork towards the prosperity of all. Together, we operate thefirst diamond mine in Quebec, the Renard Mine.
True to our values, we createopportunities for our employees to fulfill their career aspirations. Weencourage and support teamwork as an integral part of our success. We work withintegrity and honesty. We cultivate an environment of respect and inclusion andcommunicate openly at all levels of the organization. Finally, we look fortalented, dedicated and committed people who work with passion. We recognizeachievement, hard work and effort.
What we offer
Our compensation package includes acompetitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a contribution to theretirement savings plan and excellent opportunities for growth andadvancement.
We offer a safe work environment combinedwith several benefits:
– Easy access to the mine site via 4home ports
– Private accommodation (Bedroom andbathroom)
– Large selection of meals
– Free wifi service at the camp
– Laundry facilities with soap provided
– Health & wellness program
– Weight room and arena
– Hiking trail – snowshoeing
– Leisure activities (painting, cooking,photography, movie nights, etc.)
– Reimbursement of protective eyewear withprescription
– Internal training program
– Reimbursement of tuition fees
– Reimbursement of membership fees toprofessional associations
– Relocation program (Chapais andChibougamau) with financial support from Stornoway
Apply nowat: https://career17.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1666&company=stornowayd