Fury Gold Mines (“Fury”) is a Canadian-focused gold exploration company strategically positioned in prolific mining regions across Canada. Our core values are trust, respect, integrity and accountability. We hold ourselves to the highest – safety, governance and business – standards.
Fury is planning an exploration program at its Eau Claire Project in 2022, located approximately 80km north of Nemaska in Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, and is currently looking to create a bank of candidates for Core Cutters for potential future employment opportunities.
Position Available: Core Cutter
Job Type: Full-Time, Temporary
Rotation: Fly-In/Fly-Out, 2-weeks in/2-weeks out, Remote Camp Location
Salary: Based on experience
Intended Job Posting Audience: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Reporting to the Project Geologist, the core cutters will be responsible for the following:
- Safe operation of the core cutting equipment
- Monitoring of the core cutting equipment and performance of basic maintenance, including; o the monitoring of blade wear and tear and the changing of cutting blades when required, and the cleaning of the core saw tray, reservoir and work benches at the end of each shift
- The safe and careful handling of all core and core boxes
- Participating in the sample shipments
- Inserting cut core into pre-labeled sample bags and ensuring the samples stay in a neat and orderly succession
- Ensuring accuracy of work by performing regular checks (details to be provided during training)
- Performing any other duties, projects or activities, as directed by a Supervisor, that may be required for cut-shack, coreshack or camp operations
- Complying with all of Fury’s camp, code of conduct, and environmental policies, as well as being committed to safe and respectful work practices
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Be in good physical condition, capable of lifting and carrying for short distances up to 50kg (~100lbs) of weight
- Able to work long hours of approximately 12-hour shifts (single day shift and, possibly, single night shift)
- Able to work on rotation that will be no shorter than 2-weeks in/2-weeks out
- Be comfortable and have experience working in the field or remote work environments and in all weather conditions
- Previous core cutting experience working with electric rock saws and associated equipment would be an asset
- Strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to follow direction from supervisor
- Must demonstrate diligence while performing tasks, focusing on quality first and foremost – take ownership of the work area, including organizing and caring for the tools and equipment being used
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures would be an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is preferred
All individuals will be provided with a Site Safety Orientation upon their initial arrival in camp and will be provided with training specific to the roles they are expected to fill. Furthermore, Fury will provide all personal protective equipment.
Interested applicants should send their resume to the:
Exploration Manager, David Rivard,
with “Core Cutter” in the subject line.