- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
DEPARTMENT: Wiichihiituwin (204094)
WORK LOCATION: Montreal (Espresso)
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Intermediate Manager
STATUS: 1 Permanent Full-Time
SALARY: Class 37: Min. $73,955 – Max $96,141
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Director Wiichihiituwin – Administration, the incumbent ensures proper management and operational efficiency of the Wiichihiituwin’s Espresso and Chisasibi points of operation.
The incumbent also participates in the planning, organization, delivery and control of all service coordination and support activities for patients, and escorts who have to travel within or outside of Eeyou Istchee to receive health or social services.
The Coordinator also provides these services to all health patients, and social and Youth Protection clients referred, or in transit, from other Services of the organization.
- Provides sustained leadership to the employees under his responsibility as well as all activities related to sound human resources management, involving mobilization, teamwork and accountability in order to achieve the department’s objectives while maintaining a respectful and harmonious work climate;
- Contributes to the development and ensures the implementation, supervision and control of the policies and practices;
- Participates in the planning, analysis, design and evaluation, and ensures the organization, coordination, implementation and control of: patient/client travel planning, appointment scheduling, medical coordination and follow-up, lodging, meals, escort service, transportation and interpretation for the Wiichihiituwin Chisasibi and Montreal points of operation;
- Contributes to the continuity and complementarity of the services dispensed by Chisasibi and Montreal sites with those offered by the other Services of the organization and other resources within or outside of the region;
- Implements an internal and external communication plan for the area of responsibility which is complementary to that of the organization’s, and ensures that information circulates properly between Chisasibi and Montreal sites, Wiichihiituwin, and the organization;
- Ensures that the health service ethics, laws, protocols and authorities are respected in the services and programs within her/his responsibility in collaboration with the DPSQA – Health and DMAS.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Bachelor in Social Sciences with at least 3 years of management experience;
- Bachelor in Business Administration with at least 3 years of experience in a health and social services setting;
- A relevant combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure;
- Tolerance for ambiguity;
- Able to adapt quickly to complex situations;
- Knowledge of the MSSS regulations for CLSC and Hospital services;
- Knowledge of the Quebec hospital network;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health services;
- Ability to effectively manage with other line managers in a matrix organization;
- Results oriented person, autonomous, flexible and able to handle several tasks at once; able to generate results quickly after taking office;
- Ability to manage a team remotely.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel frequently (up to 25% of the time);
- Includes on-call periods.
POSTING START/END DATE: 2021-08-04 / 2021-08-18
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: No
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7 / 35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.