OPEN POSITION: COORDINATOR – VOCATIONAL TRAINING
LOCATION OF WORK: Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES)
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3699
NATURE OF WORK
Reporting to the Director of Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES), the Coordinator of Sabtuan Adult Education – Vocational Training (CSAE-VT) manages programs and activities in Vocational Training, particularly with regards to managing the delivery of new and customized programs, external relationships and new teacher hiring and onboarding in line with the community and the Cree School Board’s (CSB) mission, vision and goals.
In particular, the CSAE-VT is responsible for researching, developing, coordinating, planning, supervising and evaluating Vocational Training Programs and activities, in alignment with the
pedagogical orientation of the sector. The CSAE-VT works closely with the Director of Sabtuan Adult
Education Services and is often called on to provide counsel and expertise on topics related to Vocational
The CSAE-VT leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a
workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Support the Director of SAES in developing and monitoring of departmental strategies, objectives, policies and programs.
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of departmental programs
(including the pedagogical orientation of the sector – Learner-Centered, teaching means, methods and techniques as well as evaluation and control measures).
- Coordinate Vocational Training Programs such as Diploma of College Studies (DCS/DEC), Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS/DEP), Attestation of Vocational Specialization (AVS/ASP), Skills Training Certificate (STC/AEP), community training (including customized training), Work-Study Programs, Recognition of Acquired Competencies (RAC) and footbridge programs for adult students.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations within the sector, across the CSB and with external stakeholders, including ASD, Partnerships Funds, local development agencies and private enterprises.
- Attend and participate in industry and recruitment events to promote SAES and its programs. Represent the department, if needed.
- Participate in resource selection and allocation. Ensure supervision, coaching and professional
development of all team members.
- Ensure the quality of the pedagogical relationship between teachers, students and program content.
- Contribute to the preparation of the departmental budget and monitor budget of select operations/projects.
- Collaborate with relevant CSB services in the tendering process for relevant materials or
equipment required for all Vocational Training Programs.
- Ensure the promotion and enforcement of health and safety standards.
- Coordinate the preparation and analysis of select reports and circulate, as appropriate.
- Undergraduate degree or hold a senior executive or administrator/senior staff position, excluding a manager position in a School Board.
- Permanent teaching permit issued by the Ministry of Education of Quebec.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Spoken and written English is required.
- Spoken and written French is required.
- Knowledge of the Cree language is an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge in the relevant areas of Adult Education training.
- Solid leadership skills with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to Build Trust.
- Ability to work effectively across all levels and functions of the CSB and to develop strong
organizational knowledge and relationships.
- Solid planning and organization skills.
- Results oriented with problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to build personal and organizational capacity through continuous improvement.
- Ability to promote teamwork within and across departments.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Word,
Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the GRICS suite (Jade-Tosca, Charlemagne) is an asset.
- Travel required.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS*
- Regular full-time position.
- Annual Salary:
Minimum: $ 84,166.00
Maximum: $ 112,219.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- To be determined
DATE OF POSTING
September 21, 2020
END OF POSTING
October 2nd, 2020 3:00 PM
Please send your CV and complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate competition #: MIS-3699
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.