- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Regional
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Posting # M-2223-0062
Position # 0177
COORDINATOR REGIONAL ALLIED HEALTH CLINICAL SERVICES (0335)
|DEPARTMENT:||DPSQA Allied Health (500460)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full Time|
|SALARY:||Class 37: Min. $78,482 – Max. $102,026|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services and Quality Assurance – Allied Health, the incumbent has the responsibility for the management of regional clinical allied health services. As such, the incumbent supervises the three clinical team leaders and oversees the operations of the speech-language and audiology service, respiratory therapy service and the allied health mobile team.
In close collaboration with CMC management, Wiichihiituwin department and Specialized services, the incumbent will ensure proper service delivery for general and specialized clinical services provided by the regional clinical services both in and out of Eeyou Istchee.
In addition, the incumbent will support the Director of Professional Services and Quality Assurance – Allied Health in achieving the quality objectives for Allied Health services and programs dispensed throughout Eeyou Istchee and through the various corridors of services.
- Ensures efficient, culturally safe and quality allied health services to residents of Eeyou Istchee.
- Collaborates with other departments to support the goals of Nishiiyuu and Traditional Knowledge and its care protocols and methods into service delivery, and for the development of program models that are guided by the principles of a seamless integrated circle of care and interdisciplinary approach.
- Ensures that the programs and services provided respect the principles of Miyupimaatisiiun and are based on respect and autonomy of individuals and communities; ensures that service delivery of programs and services supports Cree culture and tradition, a community-based approach and responds to the health and wellbeing needs of the clientele.
- Collaborates in the design and the development of policies, procedures and protocols with the Clinical Practice Sub-Committee.
- Contributes to the inclusion of allied health services within the Miyupimaatisiuun Integrated Care Model.
- Oversees the development, implementation and supervision of activities for delivery of clinical services in allied health, in particular for Speech-Language and Audiology, Respiratory Therapy and Allied Health Mobile teams.
- Oversees the operational levels of planning, implementation, supervision, control, cultural safety, quality assurance, risk management.
- Ensures preparedness for the implementation of the organization’s emergency and pandemic plans, including that the personnel under their responsibility are familiar with fire prevention measures and their respective roles in the application of the emergency measures and pandemic measures plans.
- Provides leadership in the process of continuous improvement of clinical processes.
- Sees to the implementation of various clinical programs, including infection prevention and control according to trends in clinical practice, accreditation standards and the strategic orientations of the organization.
- Ensures the availability of specialized teams to support local services when appropriate.
- Ensures the follow up on incident / accident reports and participate in analysis or investigations, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with all required departments (material resources, programming and planning for example) for the planning and development of any projects related to its services.
- Ensures the efficient people management of the Unit.
- Ensures the financial management of the Unit.
- Ensures the proper functioning of material and technical resources in her department, their maintenance or recommends their renewal in view of obsolescence or technological development and proposes the required control mechanisms.
Education and experience:
- University degree in an Allied Health profession;
- Member of a Quebec Order for an Allied Health profession;
- Five (5) years of relevant experience as an Allied Health clinician;
- Experience in Management is an asset;
- Degree in Management is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the MSSS social practice, programs, laws, regulations, RUIS Network, orientations and trends, including CHSSC (formerly CLSC), hospital services, rehabilitation, mental health and dependencies, and public health;
- Good knowledge in the applicable rules and legislation regarding the management of client information;
- Work experience related to the development and/or monitoring of performance indicators for the management and interpretation of dashboard data;
- Excellent knowledge of current legislation, norms and standards relating to allied health services;
- Knowledge of various laws concerning the management of information of the Health of Quebec, such as Access to Information Act, LSSSS and chapter S-5, Archives Act, Act respecting the legal framework of the information technologies etc.
- Excellent computer skills MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.);
- Extensive experience with data analysis, preparation and presentation of data;
- Strong knowledge of social services related theory, practice, current issues and trends, and program planning, professional standards and acts, clinical supervision, including the development of policies and program manuals;
- Strong leadership, multidisciplinary team and line management skills;
- Good record in an appropriate level of professional services or programming line management or leadership, and; human, financial, and information resources management is an asset;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation professional services programming;
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and language is an asset;
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making, planning and organizational skills as applied to professional practice planning and implementation;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Ability in administrative and statistical computer applications, and management information systems.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Ability to read government documents in French;
- Fluency in Cree is a strong asset.
- Willing to travel extensively and participate in required training;
- Willing to be on-call as needed.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-02-27 / 2023-03-13|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.