Posting # M-2223-0030
Position #: 0130
COORDINATOR RECALL LIST (0215)
PERMANENT – FULL-TIME
|DEPARTMENT:||Replacement Center (730310)|
|WORK LOCATION:||Chisasibi or Montreal|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent – Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 37: Min. $78,482.00 – Max. $102,026.00|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Director Human Resources (HR) – Employees and Partners Services, the Coordinator of the recall list is responsible for the management of the activities for replacing the personnel and the management of the floating teams, contributing to its planning and ensuring its organization, implementation, control and reporting. The incumbent is also in charge of providing support and advice to managers and employees on the interpretation and application of the CBHSSJB’s various collective agreements regarding replacement.
- Collaborates in the identification of human resources needs and planning, including the development of the organization’s HR goals, objectives, programs and policies. Ensures that the number of employees on the recall lists and floating team is sufficient and collaborate with the coordinator hiring in that matter.
- Collaborates in the design of policies and programs for the recall lists, in collaboration with the Assistant Director HR – Employees and Partners Services and ensures their implementation.
- Collaborates in the Director of Human Resources’ assurance of planning, budget planning, coordination, accountability, quality assurance, and evaluation for the HR function.
- Contributes to the design, coordination and implementation of welcoming and orientation policies, procedures and programs for new employees, in collaboration with the Coordinators of Human Resources Development and Staffing.
- Ensures the processing of the replacement request from the manager:
- Overview and support the recall list staff in the daily activities of the department;
- Ensures that all requests are treated effectively and with diligence. Ensures that proper followup is made with the department;
- Ensures the distribution and assignment of the recall list and the floating teams in order to maximize its use and the continuity and quality of care and services;
- Ensures that the laws, regulations, and collective agreements are respected for the replacement of personnel and the assignment of the floating teams and recall list employees;
- Coordinate the use of temporary manpower agency when the recall list or floating teams is unable to replace a position temporarily without an incumbent;
- Supports the Executive and Assistant Executive Directors and their managers, in order to meet their departmental operation’s needs, and provides technical expertise, advice and services as required.
- Collaborates in the development and leads the implementation of replacement strategies in support of the CBHSSJB strategic priorities and operational needs.
- Follow-up the probation period for the new employees on the recall list and floating teams. For this purpose, obtain evaluation from the managers where the new employees are temporarily assigned.
- Authorize the supplement of staff (ad hoc staff) according to policy before the processing of assignment activities.
- Contribute to maintaining productive relationships with key representatives from all unions affiliated with the organization.
- Ensures the proper management of complaint, claims or grievances regarding replacement activities and collaborates with the Labor Relations unit in this matter.
- Collaborates in the design and development of human resources information systems (HRIS). Provide the management with indicators (periodic and punctual) with the use and distribution of the recall list and floating teams as well as the overtime.
- Ensures that the best practices are implemented to in a perspective of continuous improvement. Ensures the implementation of a Quality Assurance Program relevant to the activities of the Unit
Education and experience:
- Bachelor degree in administration with a human resources specialization, or in labor relations;
- Three (3) years relevant management experience, ideally in a health or social setting, or public organization with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with a recall list.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the Québec and federal labor laws, and MSSS collective agreements and human resources management regulations for Regional Boards and health and social services establishments, especially as applied to human resources;
- Good knowledge of and experience with human resources related theory, practice, current issues and trends, including the planning and development of HR policies, performance assessment, orientation programs, HRIS and quality assurance systems;
- Good knowledge of replacement practices and issues and sensitivity to quality and quality of care and services;
- Strong ability in database applications and knowledge of human resources information systems (HRIS) is an asset;
- Good knowledge of Virtuo HR applications or of a similar HR management system is an asset;
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new HR initiatives and programs, and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing services and programs;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiating, leadership, teamwork skills and ability to coach staff;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills as applied to planning and problem-solving;
- Knowledge of Cree culture is an asset.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and/or French is an asset;
- Ability to read French is an asset.
• Willing to travel regularly to the communities (minimum of one week per month);
• This position includes on-call periods.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-01-20/2023-02-03|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.