OPEN POSITION: Coordinator of Student Success
LOCATION: Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES) MISTISSINI
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3698
NATURE OF WORK
The Coordinator of Student Success reports to the Director of Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES). This position works closely with the Director to advocate, implement, facilitate, improve and monitore plans, measures and strategies to improve student success in accordance to the Cree School Board’s (CSB) mission, vision and goals.
The Coordinator of Student Success is a pedagogical leader who collaborates with other stakeholders and
partners in education,such as guidance and academic counsellors, to develop and implement initiatives that contribute and promote students’ success across the Sabtuan Adult Education Services.
This newly created position offers specialized help and additional support to ensure sure the SAES is
responding to student needs through the expansion of SARCA.
The Coordinator of Student Success leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Support the Director of SEAS by coordinating, facilitating, implementing, and monitoring of all programs related to student success.
- Coordinating all aspects of SARCA and special programs including managing program delivery and evaluation.
- Managing the priorities and quality of deliverables of reporting staff.
- Collaborate with Guidance Counsellors, Counsellors in Academic Training, Post Secondary Student Services (PSSS) and Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES) in the development and implementation of plans and tools related to student success.
- Review transcripts and students’ records in collaboration with the Coordinator of Administrative Services, Guidance Counsellors and Counsellors in Academic Training quarterly to identify programs that will meet the needs of students;
- Engage in data driven decision-making (DDDM) to improve student success and identifying research based practices in education.
- Develop and implement strategies, tools, and training that support instructional supervision and coaching.
- Support and assist with the implementation of other initiatives and programs related to supporting and increasing student success.
- Collaborate and facilitate meetings, trainings, and in the development of shared tools for student success with guidance and academic counsellors
- Recommend additional programs, measures, and initiatives that will allow for enriched and diverse programming for students throughout Sabtuan Adult Education Services.
- Carry out any other task or function identified by the Director of SAES.
- A bachelor’s degree or training requiring at least sixteen (16) years of schooling in a relevant field of specialization.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the Cree language and/or French is an asset.
- Administrative or teaching experience in First Nations Education is a determining asset.
- Knowledge of student’s management database such as GPI or Charlemagne is a determining asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*
- Permanent, Full-Time Position
- Starting Date: To be determined
- Annual Salary: Minimum: $ 84,166.00 – Maximum: $ 112,219.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
DATE OF POSTING
September 21, 2020
END OF POSTING
October 2nd, 2020 3:00 PM
Please send your CV and complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate competition #: MIS-3698
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.