Department: Payroll (50060)
Work Location: Chisasibi
Management Level: Intermediate Manager
Status: 1- Permanent Full Time
Salary: Class 37: Min. $73,955 – Max. $96,141
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Financial Resources, the incumbent ensures the daily operational level of planning, implementation, supervision, control, performance and reporting for the financial management of the payroll unit (PU) of the organization.
- Contributes to the effective functional management of the financial resources of the organization through: contributing to the planning and evaluation, and; ensuring the daily operational level planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, and reporting;
- Contributes to the preparation of policies and procedures pertaining to financial management;
- Ensures the coordination of the process to pay the employees of the organization:
- Contributes to the assurance that the pay is issued in the respect of the laws, the collective agreements, the recognized management norms and principles, MSSS guidelines and regulation and the decisions of the Board of Directors;
- Collaborates in the development of the organization’s financial management information systems;
- Collaborates in the implementation and updating of the Virtuo system;
- Provides support, analysis and recommendations to the Director of Financial Resources in the planning of functional and technical programs regarding payroll;
- Contributes to the preparation and ensures the implementation of the policies and standards of the various financial practices, the norms and standards of quality, and; the performance management supervision of the staff and services within the Payroll Unit;
- Contributes to the administrative aspects of the audit process, and the provision of the information to the external auditor;
- Contributes, if necessary, to the implementation of recommendations from the Audit Committee;
- Ensures that the Best Practices are implemented, ensures the Payroll Unit’s program and staff supervision, standards of quality, standards of practice, and the implementation of the Quality Assurance Program;
- Ensures human, financial, material, and information resources management and the general administration of the Payroll Unit;
- Carries out any other function at the request of the supervisor.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in administration with specialization in finance, payroll, logistics, operations management or other related field;
- A member of the Canadian payroll association;
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.
Knowledge and abilities:
- An advanced understanding of payroll practices and Canadian legislation;
- An advance understanding of MSSS reporting requirements, centers of activities, sub-centers, etc.;
- Financial and human resource management theories and practices knowledge;
- A proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- A proven ability to lead, coach, train of assigned staff;
- An exceptional customer service, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- A capacity to promote at all time, confidentiality in regards to personnel transactions; such as salaries, benefits, promotions, special pays, reclassifications, demotions, suspensions, dismissals and other related matters;
- A capacity to promote at all time team building, participation and able to get feedback;
- Experience related to accounting and payroll procedures;
- Experience in supervising the work of others;
- Knowledge of fund accounting;
- Experience in processing payroll of 2500 employees or greater.
- Fluent in English:
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel.
Posting start/end date: 2020-10-14/2020-10-28
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours pre day/week: 7/35
Housing provided: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.