Posting #: M-2021-0007B
Position #: 0043
COORDINATOR OF NURSING SERVICES (0325)
|DEPARTMENT:||Nursing Administration (600103)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 38: Min. $77,926 – Max. $101,304|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Regional Hospital, the incumbent ensures the operational management for all the services and activities within the jurisdiction of the Hospital’s Nursing Services Unit. This is for the Hospital’s Nursing services: pre-hospital, ambulatory services, emergency department, medicine ward, hemodialysis, sterilization, social services and the hospital’s role as a support center to the nine CMCs health services.
These responsibilities are carried out in collaboration and respect of the functional and professional responsibilities of the Director of Medical Affairs and Services (DMAS) and the Directors of Professional Services and Quality Assurance (DPSQA) – Nursing, Psycho-Social and Allied Health.
The incumbent supports the Hospital Director and; collaborates in the definition, planning, and development of the Unit’s programs, policies and protocols, and other programming, evaluation and quality assurance functions.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Nursing and three (3) years’ experience in administration in a hospital setting;
OR Registered Nurse and six (6) years’ experience in coordination or supervision of nursing services;
- Significant professional experience in critical care;
- Member in good standing of OIIQ.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of the MSSS programs, laws, regulations, Network and orientations for hospital Nursing services, and also Medical Services, CHSSC (CISSS &CIUSSS), Public Health, Rehabilitation and Mental Health;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with critical and long-term care nursing, and pre-hospital services;
- Good knowledge of hospital and nursing services practice, current issues and trends, and program planning, supervision and quality assurance systems;
- Strong leadership, multidisciplinary team functioning and line management skills;
- Good knowledge of operational planning, organization and coordination; budget planning and financial management, and; human, material and information resources management;
- Good record and experience in clinical nursing prior to a good record in an appropriate level of hospital services management;
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong interpersonal communication, and respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Human relations, coaching and mediation skills;
- Strong communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Strong ability in administrative computer applications;
- Exercise sound management of resources and performance;
- Good knowledge of best practices for risk management and quality improvement;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health services;
- Knowledge of Cree healing practices and paradigms, appropriate to a management role, is an asset;
- Ability to apply Cree culture, values and teachings into programs and services is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language is an asset;
- Northern health care experience is an asset.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
- Includes on-call periods and weekends;
- Willing to travel.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-02-11/2021-02-25|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.