LOCATION OF WORK
Mistissini – Regional Head Office
- Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Coordinator of Human Resources (Compensation and Benefits), is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of all programs, policies, procedures, and processes as they related to compensation and benefits of the Human Resources Department of the Cree School Board.
- This position will participate in the various initiatives, projects and annual cycles related to compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise and lead direct reports by ensuring the application and respect of all provisions of the by-laws, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Identify training needs, recommend solutions and support training & development.
- Promote ongoing effective and open communities with staff. Keep staff members informed of decisions that impact them and /or their department.
- Support the director in the development and monitoring of compensation and benefits strategies, objectives, policies, and programs. Identify opportunities for adjustment as required.
- Provide support and guidance to the HR advisors in the application and interpretation of compensation and benefits plan.
- Ensure implementation and ongoing maintenance of compensation and benefits programs (including internal communications and relationships with key stakeholders).
- Administer initial salary determination process based on collective agreements and salary scales, as well as yearly increases, bonuses or any other amounts based on special programs in place (e.g. Performance Management Program).
- Administer Pension Plans.
- Developing and conducting training and continuing education programs for employees and keeping employee records updated.
- Assist employees with health, dental, life, and other related benefit claims.
- Prepare reports, documents, and statistics on compensation and benefits related metrics for department.
- Prepare communications and presentations.
- Contribute to the analysis of key statistics as requested.
- Develop businesses processes and internal procedures related to compensation and benefits, as requested.
- Implement business processes, policies, and procedures related to compensation and benefits.
- Ensure alignment and compliance of all processes, policies or procedures related to compensation and benefits with collective agreements
- Collaborate with Director in the development and execution of the compensation and benefits annual action plan.
- Contribute to the preparation of the departmental budget.
- Coordinate, evaluate, and oversee all activities related to compensation and benefits programs of the CSB.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any other related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong planning organization and prioritization skills.
- High level of autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions of the Cree School Board and to develop strong organizational knowledge and relationships.
- Proven diplomatic and professional ethics skills.
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment. • English and French are required, knowledge of Cree is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of CSB administrative systems is an asset.
- Regular, Full-time position
- Annual salary: $84,166.00 to $112,219.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
*Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-4072
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
If you have any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTING DATE November 9, 2021
END OF POSTING December 10, 2021 3:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.