- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Nemaska
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Career Opportunity: Coordinator of Finance
Department: Apatisiiwin Skills Development
Salary Grade 6: (Min. $57,254.00 – Max. $77,102.00)
The Coordinator of Finance is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all financial administration activities of the ASD in all aspects of its program delivery management and administration.
- Monitor status of overall department budget and Manager budgets as well as grants/contributions budgets, to ensure full use of budgeted monies.
- Provide processes and tools to the financial program officers to track and monitor departmental financial expenditures.
- Prepare financial summaries to the Director in respect to expenditures for approval.
- Develop and implement, in collaboration with the Treasurer and the Director of ASD, financial and administrative policies, systems and procedures for the department.
- Prepare budgets and allocate funds for all sectors of the department’s activities.
- Participate in establishing financial controls and budgetary constraints.
- Evaluate the financial reporting system, accounting procedures and all other financial activities in order to make recommendations for changing procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions of managers.
- Recommend in collaboration with the Director of ASD, payments/disbursements of account/funds.
- Produce cash-flow charts for forecasted expenditures on government funds.
- Provide the Director with advice and briefing notes on financial matters.
- Participate in the department’s internal management and review committees.
- Support the ASD Department in negotiations with respect to all financial aspects.
- Inform and advise the Director on operations related to local programs and services.
- Populate the financial databases for invoices, purchase orders, and funds.
- Ensure that the database is maintained and updated in order to provide prompt monthly reporting to the Finance department.
- Ensure compliance on funding programs by maintaining the database and well referenced files according to the agreement requirements.
- Assist and cooperate with the Finance department on internal audit of funding programs.
- Prepare and coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, statements, estimates and summaries to orient the department’s objectives and formulate related policies.
- Present financial reports and summaries to department-affiliated committees on boards.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in management and program administration.
- Fluency in Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong judgment in complex situations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, to think strategically, and to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under significant pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proven success in maintaining strong communication, including the ability to facilitate effectively.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From January 15, 2021 to January 29, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ASD-210101-1