- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
PERMANENT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: Miyupimaatisiiun Administration (802008)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Intermediate Manager
SALARY: Class 15: Min. $70,257 – Max. $91,334
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Assistant AED, Miyupimaatisiiun the incumbent supports Executive Management, at both the strategic and tactical level, with the evolving relationship between the CBHSSJB and Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and related partners (e.g., the FNQLHSSC).
Further to the approved Health Plan and priorities identified in the CBHSSJB SRP, s/he ensures that effective communication and decision information is available in a timely way to and between managers responsible for the planning and optimal use of federal funds.
Administratively, the incumbent ensures effective monitoring of allocations and expenditures and ensures all obligations under the terms of the CBHSSJB-ISC Contribution Agreement are met. The incumbent contributes to the planning, coordination, implementation, support and reporting related to the use of ISC resources.
- Under the direction of the A/AED Miyupimaatisiiun the incumbent will coordinate the analysis of factors such as history, capacity, funding options, and alignment to strategic directions
- Provide a primary liaison function between CBHSSJB and ISC regarding the commitments under the Contribution Agreement and all subsequent amendments, and ensure effective internal/external communications (e.g., Finance, Human Resources, Maanuuhiikuu, Nishiiyuu, Pimuhteheu and Miyupimaatisiiun) linking managers of complementary allocations and mandates
- Advise the A/AED and other managers on emerging and/or evolving ISC programs and ensure the implementation of the Health plan according to the Federal Programs Management Guidelines
- Collaborates in the organization, coordination, implementation, evaluation and reporting of the operations under the Health Plan
- Monitor CBHSSJB allocations to external/internal partners and support the development of a concentrated data driven action plan in partnership with ISC to support long term desired outcomes
- Ensure required briefings for the Board and/or Executive are prepared regarding aspects of the partnerships between the CBHSSJB, Cree entities, and ISC
- Participate in various meetings (e.g., Health Directors’ Network or ISC Management meetings) if and when delegated by the A/AED
- Ensure managers responsible for the use of federal resources are aware of federal program eligibility criteria and flexibilities
- Ensure provisions of decisional information and recommendations regarding distribution approaches (including but not limited to regional and local Miyupimaatisiiun allocations) by carrying out or coordinating analyses and recommendations related to current year allocations and carryover funds
- Support the development and monitoring of annual budgets, compiles variance reports and provides recommend mid-year adjustments
- Collaborate in the implementation recommended solutions and ensure timely and effective communication of approved solutions to all affected parties
- Ensure all obligations pursuant to the Contribution Agreement are met or exceeded
- Monitor mandatory reporting through regular access to relevant IT applications and coordinate updates of annual plans for federal contributions
- Contribute to development of performance indicators and accreditation-related exercises related to activities funded federally
- Ensures that the standards of quality and best practice is implement accordingly within the health plan
- Ensure effective orientation of administrative staff (regional and local) and develop orientation materials for new managers of federally-funded activities
- Carry out any other function at the request of the A/AED.
- Bachelor’s degree in health or social administration, or public administration
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and abilities:
- Good knowledge of program and financial management, including program supervision and monitoring, support and quality assurance;
- Ability to provide leadership and staff/functional management for a program embedded in other programs;
- Competent in the use and generation of financial, surveillance and program statistics;
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to simplify complex issues
- Ability with administrative computer applications;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and organizational leadership and teamwork skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a staff/functional manner in a matrix organization;
- Methodical, organized, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel
Posting start/end date: 24/04/2020 – 21/05/2020
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing provided: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting # : M-2021-0001
Position : 0100
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.