OPEN POSITION: Coordinator of Community Engagement
LOCATION: Location to be determined – Communications and Community Relations
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3724
NATURE OF WORK
The Coordinator of Community Engagement reports to and assists the Director of Communications &
Community Relations (CCR) in elevating the importance of education and engagement with students, parents and at the community level Additional, can take part in the Cree School Board employee engagement plan. As a member of the CCR team, the incumbent will oversee and develop the CSB Engagement plan, as well as create/coordinate activities, and monitor plans and strategies that
improve the CSB visibility, value and educational commitment in Eeyou Istchee.
This position also collaborates closely with other partners such as the Cree Nation Government, other
Cree entities, Cree councils and associations, and Cree businesses to promote education, student
achievement and well-being.
- Assists the Director of Communications & Community Relations in the area of development, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all initiatives related to community engagement such as: satisfaction rate of key stakeholders (students, parents, community and stakeholders), student retention, parent and community involvement/ attendance at school events and committees, number of hired Cree graduates, and other engagement activities, etc.
- Works in collaboration with Sabtuan Adult Education Services, Post-Secondary School Services and the Youth Sector (Coordinator of Student Engagement) and CSB Human Resources to create and align on the overall plan strategies that will translate into initiatives/activities.
- Monitors project progress (timeline, performance indicators and budget) as per plan and documents progress using designated tools, as well as ensures follow-up mechanisms with key stakeholders to reach set goals.
- Works with the CSB in the areas of data driven decision making to improve community engagement and identify research-based practices in education in an Indigenous setting.
- Works closely with the Communication Consultants to develop an engagement communication plan, tools and key messages to be roll-out accordingly.
- Visits and supports communities (on a determined basis, as identified in collaboration with the Director of Communications & Community Relations).
- Collaborates and facilitates meetings, trainings, and development of shared tools for community
engagement with school management, teachers, and staff.
- Recommends additional initiatives, programs, measures, opportunities for collaboration and ongoing partnership from the CSB in community initiatives (and vice versa).
- Carries out other tasks or functions identified by the Director of Communications & Community Relations;
- A bachelor’s degree or training requiring at least sixteen (16) years of schooling in a relevant field of specialization.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the Cree language and/or French is an extremely high asset.
- Administrative or teaching experience in First Nations Education is a determining asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*
- Temporary, Full-Time Position until June 2022
*Potential of permanency to be reviewed in 2021-2022
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Salary: 84,166.00 to 112,219.00$
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
*Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of
Management and according internal procedures.
DATE OF POSTING:
October 15, 2020
END OF POSTING:
October 28, 2020 5:00 PM
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3724
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.