OPEN POSITION: Coordinator of Communications and Community Relations
LOCATION: Location to be determined – Communications and Community Relations
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3707
NATURE OF WORK
The Coordinator of Communications and Community Relations reports to and assists the Director
Communications and Community Relations to manage the department as well as to provide strategic
planning, project management and governance support, with a focus on setting goals and managing
expectations for the Communications and Community relations department (CCR).
The Coordinator of Communications and Community Relations position is articulated around three principal functions :
- Contributes to the development of the Cree School Board’s (CSB) annual communication strategy and plan in alignment with its mission, vision, values and in support of its strategic action plan.
- Supports the development of the CCR’s Departmental Plan (strategy, tactics, and key performance indicators) based on situational analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) and data.
- Establishes and maintains a project management framework and practices for communication related projects, whether departmental (CCR) or in support of internal clients.
- Monitors project progress (timeline, performance indicators and budget) and contributes to document progress using designated tools (e.g. Envisio).
- Ensures follow-up through existing mechanisms with project leads.
- Coordinates as well as takes lead managing special events as required.
Communication Governance and Practices
- Participates in the development and maintenance of communication governance and guidelines, including the CBS visual identity and standards.
- Ensures the CBS communication policies and practices are aligned with the Cree Language Act.
- Collaborates with CSB’s Change Management Specialist to define the appropriate level of communication support required for the successful implementation of change initiatives, either on a project specific basis or organization-wide.
- Ensures CSB’s communication policies and practices are shared and respected by all CSB employees.
- Manages communication training and tools for all CSB employees in alignment with the communication competency and supports its development.
- Provides guidance and support to CSB leadership, departments and sectors with the development of their respective communication strategies in order to support the operations and high-profile projects.
- Ensures appropriate request for proposal and service agreements are in place as per policy (Awarding of Contracts).
- Represents the CBS on working groups for high-profile projects with the Cree Nations Government, other Cree entities or external partners when requested.
- Directs and manages the work of third-party service providers, including design firms, public relations firms, printing houses and writers, as required.
- Ensures adequate content governance and publication for the CSB website, employee portal and social media.
- Reviews and approves work of communication staff and third-party service providers, as appropriate.
- Assists in management of media relations.
- Provides communication support in the context of crisis management, as appropriate.
- Stays abreast of By-Laws, CSB policies and collective agreements and ensures their application within the CCR department.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of
specialization, such as:
- Public Relations
- Project Management
- Business Administration
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the Cree language and/or French is an asset
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*
- Permanent, Full-Time Position
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Annual Salary: Minimum: $ 84,166.00 – Maximum: $ 112,219.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $17,652.00
*Benefits and working conditions according to the By Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of
Management and according internal procedures.
September 25, 2020
END OF POSTING:
October 8, 2020
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
Mistissini, Quebec, G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate competition #: MIS-3707
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.