Posting # M-2122-0012
Position # 0044
COORDINATOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES UNIT (HOSPITAL SERVICES) (0325)
|DEPARTMENT:||Nursing Administration (600103)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 38: Min. $77,926 – Max. $101,304|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Regional Hospital, the incumbent ensures the management for all the services and activities within the jurisdiction of the Hospital’s Clinical Services Unit. This is for the hospital’s clinical services, including the radiology department, the regional medical archives services, the regional laboratory services, and the hospital’s role as a support center to the nine (9) Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centers (CMC) health services.
These responsibilities are carried out in collaboration and respect of the functional and professional responsibilities of the Director of Medical Affairs and Services (DMAS) and the Directors of Professional Services and Quality Assurance (DPSQA) – Health, Psycho-Social and Allied Health, and Head of Midwifery Services.
The incumbent supports the Hospital Director and; collaborates in the definition, planning, and development of the Unit’s programs, policies and protocols, and other programming, evaluation and quality assurance functions.
- Collaborates in the identification of needs and planning, including the development of the organization’s hospital clinical services goals, objectives, programs and policies for Hospital Radiology, Regional medical Archive and Regional medical Laboratory Departments.
- Collaborates in the Director of Hospital’s assurance of planning, budget planning, coordination, accountability, quality assurance, and evaluation for the Direction.
- Collaborates in the development of clinical and management information systems.
- Ensures the operational level line management access, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, supervision, and reporting, and; contributes to the human, financial, material and information resources management, for all the services within their Hospital Clinical Services Unit’s jurisdiction, in collaboration with the staff/functional program managers. This is for the:
- Clinical services – the daily operational management implementation, coordination, and administrative management of the regional medical laboratory, regional medical archives and Hospital radiology and dental services (under the professional responsibility of the DMAS);
- Regional medical Laboratory Departments – ensures for the laboratory which includes: Blood bank, hematology, biochemistry, microbiology and COR Lab, that there are proper internal and external quality controls in place for each analysis performed by the laboratory, in association with the affiliated health centers Biochemistry and Microbiology departments;
- Hospital Radiology – ensures that radiology tests available in the hospital and CMCs (x-rays, ultrasounds, electrocardiograms, holters) are provided in a timely and coordinated manner;
- Regional medical Archive – ensures the coordination of archives services for the region.
Education and experience:
- DEC in Medical Laboratory Techniques, and a Bachelor degree or certificate in (health) administration or a relevant health discipline and; three (3) years experience in administration in a hospital setting that include experience in a medical laboratory setting;
- Must be a standing member of OPTMQ or SCSLM.
- DEC in Medical Laboratory Techniques, and; six (6) years experience in a hospital setting that include experience in a medical laboratory setting;
- Must be a standing member of OPTMQ or SCSLM;
- Any other combination of training and experience could be considered.
Knowledge and abilities:
- Good knowledge of the MSSS programs, laws, regulations, Network and orientations for hospital clinical services, and also Medical Services, CHSSC (CISSS &CIUSSS), Rehabilitation and Mental Health;
- Good knowledge of and experience with medical laboratory, radiology and archives management and corridors of services to tertiary health care;
- Good knowledge of hospital and clinical services practice, current issues and trends, and program planning, supervision and quality assurance systems;
- Strong leadership, multidisciplinary team functioning and line management skills;
- Good knowledge of operational planning, organization and coordination; budget planning and financial management, and; human, material and information resources management;
- Good record and experience in a medical laboratory prior to a good record in an appropriate level of hospital services management;
- Good critical thinking, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong interpersonal communication, and respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Human relations, coaching and mediation skills;
- Strong communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Ability in administrative computer applications;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health services;
- Knowledge of Cree healing practices and paradigms, appropriate to a management role, is an asset;
- Ability to apply Cree culture, values and teachings into programs and services is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language is an asset;
- Northern health care experience is an asset.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Includes on-call periods;
- Willing to travel.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-09-22 / 2021-10-06|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.