- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Whapmagoostui
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
PERMANENT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: MIYUP CTR WHAP (720123)
WORK LOCATION: Whapmagoostui
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Intermediate Manager
STATUS: 1 – Permanent Full Time
SALARY: Class 38: Min. $77,926 – Max. $101,304
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director- CMC, the incumbent contributes to the planning, organization, coordination and support for the delivery of Chishaayiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun Service and Current Services of the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Center (CMC). The incumbent collaborates with the Director CMC and the CMC coordinators to provide healthcare and social services to the population.
The incumbent serves as a liaison, coordination and support point amongst all concerned managements for the CMC Services. These responsibilities are for the adult (30 years and older and Elders) and their caregiver preventive and curative health care, infectious diseases, mental health and social services. These responsibilities are also for the Current Services, which includes laboratory, radiology, pre-dialysis, hemodialysis, dentistry, pharmacy, archive and Wiichihiituwin.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Nursing and member of the O.I.I.Q; OR
- Bachelor degree in social work and member of the OTSTCFQ.
- Five (5) years of experience in service/program planning, management or supervision in a current services multidisciplinary team setting. A specialization in a relevant area is an asset.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.
Knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of the MSSS network, regulations and programs for General and Current Services and nursing practice in a Community Health & Social Service Center (CLSC) and Hospital Ambulatory;
- Good knowledge of and experience with acute and current nursing, health and social services in a first line community health clinic and hospital ambulatory unit, and its related theory, practice, current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and program manuals and quality assurance systems;
- Good knowledge of pre-hospital services, old age related health care, and community health prevention and promotion approaches is an asset;
- Good knowledge of multidisciplinary team functioning and leadership;
- Ability to manage the planning and development of new services and programs;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context related to First Nation health and social services;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Miyupimaatisiiun (traditional methods) healing practices is an asset;
- Ability to apply Eenou/Eeyou culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language is an asset;
- Northern health care experience is an asset;
- Good interpersonal communication, clinical and community health leadership and respectful teamwork skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with line managers in a matrix organization;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Methodical, organized, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills as applied to planning;
- Good working ability with administrative computer applications, especially Office applications.
- Fluent in English:
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel;
- Includes on-call periods.
OTHER DETAILS :
Posting start/end date : 12/08/2020 – 26/08/2020
Shift type : Day
Positions available : 1
Hours per day/week : 7/35
Housing provided : Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.