- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Posting # M-2223-0025
Position # 0086
COORDINATOR OF CHISHAAYIYUU (0345)
|DEPARTMENT:||Miyupimaatisiiun Center (720106)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full Time|
|SALARY:||Class 38: Min. $82,697 – Max. $107,505|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director- CMC, the incumbent contributes to the planning, organization, coordination and support for the delivery of Chishaayiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun Services, of the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Center (CMC). The incumbent collaborates with the Director CMC and the CMC coordinators to provide healthcare and social services to the population.
The incumbent serves as a liaison, coordination and support point amongst all concerned managements for the CMC Services. These responsibilities are for the adult (30 years and older and Elders) and their care giver preventive and curative health care, infectious diseases, homecare and social services.
- Ensures the responsibilities for programming of services delivered in the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Center according to the CBHSSJB’s clientele approach and Cree culture. This includes:
- Vaccination and Immunization programs;
- Preventive health care;
- Nutrition and dietician;
- Social services;
- Occupational health and therapy;
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation;
- Chronic disease & illness;
- Elders’ health and well-being;
- Contributes to the leadership, and the planning, organization, coordination and support for the development and programming of the Services programming, and the incorporation of such in policies, procedures, protocols and tools;
- Ensures the supervision, quality assurance and on-going evaluation according to the policies in place;
- Advises the Director CMC on Chishaayiyuu services, health, social, allied and clinical matters;
- Ensures the circulation, application and compliance with the beneficiaries’ and their families’ individuality, privacy and rights; code of ethics and confidentiality.
- Ensures that the programs and services provided are based on respect and autonomy of individuals and communities, and respond to their bio-psycho-social needs as well as cultural and spiritual needs;
- Ensures the efficient people management of the Unit by:
- Demonstrating and promoting on-going, effective and open communication with employees, including keeping staff members informed of decisions that impact them and/or their Unit;
- Being directly responsible and accountable for the supervision and management of employees and overall management of the Unit;
- Ensures the financial management of the Unit;
- Contributes to the accomplishment of the strategic regional plan of the CBHSSJB through collaborative partnerships, and involvement with the organization’s management, staff and various external partners;
- Promotes stimulating innovation, learning and the use of new practices for their relevance and effectiveness;
- Carries out any other function at the request of the immediate supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Nursing and member of the O.I.I.Q;
- Five (5) years of experience in service/program planning, management or supervision in a current services multidisciplinary team setting. A specialization in a relevant area is an asset.
Knowledge and abilities:
- Good knowledge of the MSSS network, regulations and programs for general and current Services and nursing practice in a Community Health & Social Service Center (CLSC);
- Good knowledge of and experience with nursing, health and social services in a first-line community health clinic and, and its related theory, practice, current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and program manuals and quality assurance systems;
- Good knowledge of multidisciplinary team functioning and leadership;
- Ability to manage the planning and development of new services and programs;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context related to First Nation health and social services;
- Knowledge of primary cares and South Central Foundation care model;
- Ability to apply Eenou/Eeyou culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Good interpersonal communication, clinical and community health leadership and respectful teamwork skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with line managers in a matrix organization;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Methodical, organized, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills as applied to planning;
- Good working ability with administrative computer applications, especially Office applications.
- Good knowledge of community health prevention and promotion approaches is an asset;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Miyupimaatisiiun (traditional methods) healing practices is an asset;
- Northern health care experience is an asset;
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel;
- Includes on-call periods
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-03-03 / 2023-03-17|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.