- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Coordinator, Occupational Health and Safety and Emergency Measures
Réf. : ELE00002621
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Coordinator, Occupational Health and Safety and Emergency Measures is part of the health and safety services team. He / she is responsible for rigorously applying health and safety and emergency measures standards and requirements for all site operations. He / she plays an advisory role with other departments. The coordinator adheres to the company’s principles by adopting management oriented toward sustainable development, an operation for excellence and the organization’s code of conduct.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of occupational health and safety policies and programs for the entire site
- Advise and support supervisors in their leadership roles in OHS matters
- Develop and implement the OHS management system
- Develop, promote and maintain the organization’s prevention program
- Conduct risk analyses and determine the required prevention methods
- Plan training activities related to various OHS and emergency measures programs
- Ensure that prevention activities are carried out
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies and with regard to health and safety
- Ensure continuous improvement in results and the methods implemented to achieve them
- Solve problems related to his/her sector of activity and recommend measures to improve his/her department’s productivity
- Manage first responders, mine rescue and industrial stakeholder teams
- Prepare, distribute and maintain the emergency measures plan (EMP) and specific emergency measures plans and ensure that they align with the crisis management plan
- Act as a resource person for all sectors in terms of emergency measures and risk prevention
- Ensure that evacuation exercises are completed in accordance with the established schedule
- Analyze the needs of the various sectors in terms of emergency response equipment
- Manage the personnel, evaluate performance and see to employee development
- Compile data, produce and present reports to management
- Ensure good management of operating costs
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Schedule : 4 days of work followed by 3 days off
- University or college degree in health and safety and / or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a mining or industrial environment
- Computer skills including MS Office suite
- Have completed mining modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7
- Hold a general explosives permit and a valid
- Partnership and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://goldcorp.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/coordonnateur-coordonnatrice-en-sant%C3%A9-s%C3%A9curit%C3%A9-du-travail-et-mesures-d%E2%80%99urgence-2121 no later than december 11th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.