- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Posting #: DEV-M-2122-0098B
Position #: 0159
INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES (0235)
|DEPARTMENT:||Information Services (502300)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1- Permanent full-time|
|SALARY:||Class 38: Min. $82,697- Max. $107,505|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director and Assistant Director, Information Services, the incumbent will provide leadership in a context of major transformation requiring a strong approach in change management and communication, skills in development and maintenance of collaboration environment, and an openness to continuous improvement.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring continuous access and high availability of the technological infrastructure (data processing centres, servers, storage, networking, telephony, fixed and mobile workstations, etc.) and corporate applications, including application interfaces. He/she will ensure the delivery of numerous clinical and administrative projects, will monitor and fulfil MSSS requests, and will be invited to actively participate in the institution’s activities and committees. When needed, the incumbent will represent the CBHSSJB at regional or provincial forums.
- The incumbent will be responsible for implementing strategies and programs essential to the organization, in collaboration with the members of the IT Services Directorate and the CBHSSJB.
- Support the CBHSSJB in the best use of information technology solutions according to recognized standards for bringing excellent care to users.
- Ensure the efficiency of IT processes and their continuous improvement through active involvement:
- Review work processes
- Identify the competence profiles adapted to the Department’s activities
- Apply and comply with professional standards
- In collaboration with the relevant departments, develop and propose action plans and innovative solutions.
- Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of the IT team and determine appropriate adjustments if needed These plans are linked to specific situations such as:
- Deploying a local mobilizing action plan
- Managing software and hardware assets throughout their life cycle
- Analyzing, tracking and maintaining control and accuracy of the inventory on IT asset hardware and software
- Ensure the conformity of Service Helpdesk Plus configuration items
- Ensure the conformity of software licences
- Check equipment availability and recommend purchases
- Develop executive and detailed dashboards and reports on IT asset management
- Ensure the disposal of unnecessary equipment
- Develop and monitor project plans to avoid delays and approach risks and issues
- Plan task transfers and transitions between different groups
- Maintain and monitor the distribution of all documentation for infrastructure initiatives
- Develop strategies and plans for change management and solution communication
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems management;
- Master’s degree in administration or computer science in a discipline relevant to the duties is considered an asset;
- Significant professional experience in a senior management position related to Information Services activities;
- Professional experience in a large health care institution;
- Excellent knowledge of information and communication technologies;
- Demonstrated expertise in information systems (application and infrastructure);
- Significant experience coordinating complex IT projects.
Knowledge and abilities
- Solid knowledge of the laws, regulations, networks, wayfindings and programs for managing institutions in the health and social services environment of the MSSS;
- Strong knowledge of current issues and trends in the MSSS;
- Knowledge of the needs, program and management issues and context related to First Nations health and social services;
- Strong knowledge of the Regional Council’s strategic planning, organization, coordination, planning and budgetary evaluation; operational systems for planning, organization, coordination and quality assurance;
- Good knowledge and experience in the operation and functioning of an Executive Director’s office;
- Strong document analysis and summarization skills; information management;
- Good knowledge and experience in developing policies and procedures;
- Good knowledge and experience with management information systems and databases;
- Solid record in a senior level of administration and experience in information management;
- Knowledge of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement, Section 14 and the Cree Native Health and Social Services Act is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture;
- Ability to apply Eenou/Eeyou culture, values and teachings to the job is considered an asset;
- Ability to use administrative computer applications including Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills and ability to work in teams;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the staff in a matrix organization;
- Excellent communication, listening, writing and presentation skills;
- Results-oriented, methodical, self-directed, flexible and able to multitask;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organization and decision-making skills applied to planning and solving problems;
- Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure.
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency in Cree, French or both languages are an asset.
- Willing to be on-call;
- Willing to travel.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-04-25 / 2023-06-25|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home ->Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions. Email us email@example.com
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY. HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement, the Board’s objective is to hire in order to fill all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that candidates registered under the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have earned sufficient university credits to qualify to perform the management activities associated with the position.