OPEN POSITION: Coordinator – Information & Technology (Replacement)
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3743
LOCATION OF WORK: Mistissini – Administrative Centre
NATURE OF WORK
The position of Coordinator of Hardware Infrastructures at I.T. Services, under the supervision of the Director of Information & Technologies, entails the responsibility of counselling and providing a functional technical expertise specifically in the hardware sector of implementation of technology infrastructures within the schools and other administrative offices in order to favour an optimized management in this specific sector of at the Cree School Board (computers, peripherals and networking components, design, topology and security).
The main responsibilities of this position consist in supervising a team of computer technicians and one network. systems administrator, which provide support on the deployment of technology infrastructures at the local and regional levels. This person will be specifically assigned to support the schools and administrative offices at the local and regional levels, in identifying the hardware needs and assist them in the process of hardware purchasing, and to coordinate and participate in their deployment in the Cree
communities. It is the responsibility of this person to ensure that this infrastructure, installed throughout the organization, is in good working condition, highly secured and is available at all times. He or she must ensure that a regular maintenance is done by properly distributing the tasks between all members of the technical team and to participate actively as a resource and decision-making person.
This position includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Director of Information & Technologies in developing the annual action plan and participate in developing and updating policies and bylaws pertaining to information and
technologies services and enforce the respectful use of the technological resources by the users in conformity with the current Internet, Email and other Networked Resources Policy.
- This person will be required to travel to all Cree communities on a regular basis with different members of the technical team in order to ensure the proper organized deployment of the new technologies within the schools and to take the required decision locally.
- The global budget management is under the responsibility of the Director of Information & Technologies, the Coordinator of Information & Technologies will still be responsible to manage a few specific budget accounts which are directly dedicated to the tasks assigned to this person and must ensure that these accounts are in managed appropriately.
- Participate in planning and coordinating the implementation, development, review, maintenance, proper and secure use and control of computerized systems, office automation, networking, telecommunications and information technology tools of the School Board, more specifically in the schools.
- Participate in putting in place an appropriate monitoring mechanism to analyse the needs of the organization.
- Advise the Director of Information & Technologies regarding the organization of training activities for staff on the use of computers and office automation, networking, telecommunication and information technology tools.
- Advise the Director of Information & Technologies on evaluating, promoting, implementation and
improving of technology tools tailored to the needs and requirements of the schools and other
- Advise the Director of Information & Technologies on improving the communication methods by introducing new technologies or support the ones already in place such as video-conferencing and others.
- Ensure the availability and proper operations of equipment and tools for information technologies, office automation, networking and telecommunications for the School Board (Corporate I.T. infrastructure).
- Participate in preparing the staffing plan, selecting staff, developing a professional improvement and training plan for the staff of the administrative unit or sector of activity, and developing and updating information resources.
- Supervise and evaluate the Computer Technicians (5) and the Analyst under his or her responsibility.
- Ensure deadlines and costs of projects and mandates are met as planned.
Other / Working Conditions:
- The candidate for this position will be required to offer a great level of expertise in the field of
hardware deployment in order to meet the necessary employee profile the Cree School Board is looking for.
- The candidate will be required to have a clear understanding of the vision of the Cree School Board in regards to prioritizing the support to the schools and to improve on the computer integration in the classrooms.
- This person must be able to supervise and coordinate the tasks of a team of technicians as well as being able to participate in the technical work.
- This person must be able to develop a good team spirit and encourage team collaboration with his or her team members in order to promote a good collective performance.
- This person must be proactive and be able to transmit this work philosophy to the rest of the technical team.
- Must have an excellent knowledge (expertise) in network design and in the physical deployment of
- Must be available to travel to Cree communities on a regular basis.
- Will be required to take clear and precise decisions locally in order to ensure a proper and quick deployment to complete his or her mandates in a short time frame.
- Good knowledge of the security component in a computer network environment.
- Good Knowledge of the TCP/IP networking technology.
- Good Knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 Server operating system and the Active Directory from
- Knowledge of MS Office, Corel Office, security and remote control software is important.
- Briefly describe the working environment
- Identify any unique requirements, challenges, or provisions
- Undergraduate degree or hold a senior executive or senior staff position, excluding a manager position in a board.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of French, spoken and written.
- Functional English, spoken and written.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
- Replacement position for an undetermined period.
- Salary: 84,166.00 to 112,219.00$
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
*Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of
Management and according internal procedures.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3743
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING:
November 6, 2020
END OF POSTING:
November 20, 2020 3:00 PM