Career Opportunity: Coordinator
Organization: Cree Development Corporation/James Bay Native Development Corporation (CDC/SODAB)
Salary Grade: Administrative Salary Scale
Application: Send to email@example.com.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Coordinator is responsible for managing internal projects and overseeing general office operations to ensure that organizational goals are being met, and projects are being tracked. The incumbent will support the CEO and Chief Financial Officer in resource management and tasks related to strategic planning.
Operations and Planning Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and organize tasks and activities for internal projects and ensure that they are completed on time and within budget.
- Monitor progress and provide regular project status updates to CFO, CEO, and internal stakeholders as needed.
- Support with processes that facilitate the efficient functioning of the CDC/SODAB, including budgeting, record-keeping, communication and administering policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support and prepare reports, presentations, and other materials for senior management as required.
- Provide support in the development of communication strategies.
- Facilitate effective communication between CEO and CFO to ensure operational efficiency.
- Develop guidelines, processes, and procedures to optimize operational efficiency.
- Provide administrative support to senior management as required.
- Provide general Human Resources (HR) support with duties related to recruitment, onboarding, and training.
Education and Certification
- Post-secondary school program or certification in business administration, or related field.
Experience & Skills
- Three years of work experience in a similar coordination or support role.
- Experience in project management is considered an asset.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with others.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain accuracy and consistency in their work.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From March 01, 2023 to March 14, 2023
Your application must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cree Development Corporation (CDC)
The Mission of the Cree Development Corporation/James Bay Native Development Corporation (CDC/SODAB) is to drive Cree economic development via investment, both within and outside Eeyou Istchee, for the benefit of all Crees. The CDC/SODAB acts as investment and holding company, not as an operational company and invests in several sectors, such as mining, forestry, renewable energy, and infrastructure.
More specifically, the CDC/SODAB:
- Invests in any undertakings in order to create, maintain or protect jobs for the Crees.
- Promotes the training of Crees in economic matters and enables them to increase their influence in the economic development of their Territory and of Québec.
- Stimulates the economy of the Crees by making strategic investments for the benefit of Cree enterprises and Cree workers.
- Promotes the development of Cree enterprises by inviting local governments, communities, associations, and partnerships to co-invest in funds that the CDC/SODAB may create for specific or general purposes.
- Offers financial products (e.g. loans, bonds, securities, grants, loan guarantees).
- Makes loans or grants for the carrying out of social or community development projects.
- Manages funds, assets, programs or activities at the request of the Cree Nation Government, or the provincial or federal governments.