Posting #: DEV-M-2324-0037
Position #: 0182
COORDINATOR COMMUNITY LEVEL INFECTION AND EMERGING RISKS
|DEPARTMENT:||Public Health (676999)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|SALARY:||Class 38: Min. 82,697$- Max. 107,505$|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Director of surveillance, evaluation, research and communication (SERC), the incumbent is responsible for the management of the health protection-infectious diseases team. She/he is contributing to its planning and ensuring its organization, implementation, control and reporting.
The incumbent is also in charge of providing support and advice to managers and employees on files within health protection including: infectious diseases (including contact tracing and outbreak management), MADO, and severe intoxication.
- Collaborating with Public Health regional teams, and local teams, she/he will lead the public health interventions in regards to infectious diseases and emerging risks,
- She/he will lead and coordinate the regional work on immunisation, investigations and contact tracing for MADO or other infectious diseases while coordinating and supporting the work of others. As needed, this person will be called on to do direct intervention in investigations and contact tracing depending on the needs of the team.
- She/he will work as part of an interdisciplinary team under SERC (surveillance, evaluation, research and communication), including supervising the work of professionals and administrative staff involved in infectious diseases and emerging risks.
- She/he will play a lead consultative role for her/his colleagues and interdisciplinary teams, and in service of the regional public health plan and regional activities.
- She/he will be responsible for the development of the health protection program related to infectious diseases and emerging risks, in collaboration with other professionals and medical advisors.
- She/he will ensure the interventions are developed and implemented in accordance with cultural safety principles.
- She/he will ensure the development of tools, procedures, protocols and all related documents pertaining to infectious diseases and emerging risks, and will monitor continuous improvement mechanisms for the various procedures and protocols.
- She/he will ensure the development of knowledge transfer activities on infectious diseases and emerging risks for front line staff and the regional team as needed.
- She/he will ensure active surveillance and monitoring of infectious diseases and emerging risks data and support with strategies to address needs identified in collaboration with the surveillance team.
- She/he will ensure that relationships and partnerships with relevant stakeholder in regards to the health protection mandate-infectious diseases (e.g Cree School Board, Cree Nation government) are nurtured.
- She/he will ensure the management of all aspects of the operational day to day managing of the immunization, investigation and the contact tracing teams including scheduling, chairing of regular team meetings, and resolution of any operational issues.
- She/he will represent the CBHSSJB in regards to infectious diseases and emerging risks, with internal and external partners (e.g., Union, Band Councils, Cree Nation Government, MSSS and other Health Establishments), when requested by the immediate supervisor.
- She/he will ensure the quality assurance of the infectious diseases and emerging risks’ activities and interventions.
- She/he will contribute to an annual formative evaluation of the activities and of how to apply the lessons learned, with the various management committees and others.
- She/he will promote innovation, learning and the use of new practices for their relevance and effectiveness.
- She/he will ensure the efficient people management of the team by:
- Demonstrating and promoting on-going, effective and open communication with employees, including keeping staff members informed of decisions that impact them and/or their team.
- Ensuring sufficient staffing levels at all times in order to effectively execute operations.
- Being directly responsible and accountable for the supervision and management of employees and overall management of the infectious diseases team.
- Ensuring that the best practices are known and followed by the team members.
Education and experience
- Member in good standing of the OIIQ;
- Post-graduate university degree in public health or BAC in nursing with certificate in community health an asset;
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in a CLSC with a good knowledge of the programs and services of this environment, OR two (2) years in Public Health with a good knowledge of the programs and issues;
- Two (2) years in management is considered a strong asset.
Knowledge and abilities
- Good knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Social Services of Quebec (MSSS) and Quebec Public Health programs, laws, regulations, the RUIS Network, orientations and trends especially for public health surveillance, protection, promotion and prevention;
- Good knowledge of public health current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems;
- Knowledge of the strategic management, integrated programming, professional and organizational interdependence, information management, and evaluation;
- Excellent knowledge of health protection issues as it relates to infectious diseases;
- Good knowledge of public health and its approaches in the Indigenous context;
- Good record in an appropriate level of public health or programming management;
- Good record in human, financial, and information resources management is an asset;
- Knowledge of Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun (traditional methods) healing practices is an asset;
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Knowledge of Cree culture is an asset;
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new programs, and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing programs;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Ability in administrative and statistical computer applications
- Excellent critical thinking, planning and organizational skills as applied to planning;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and respectful teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both for written and oral presentations.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willingness to travel extensively;
- This position will be expected to be on call on a rotating schedule;
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-07-21/2023-08-04|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home ->Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions. Email us email@example.com
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.