POSTING #: M-2324-0010
POSITION #: 0102
COORDINATOR COMMUNICATIONS (215)
DEPARTMENT: Communications Administration (730510)
WORK LOCATION: Regional
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Intermediate Manager
STATUS: 1 – Permanent Full Time
SALARY: Class 37: Min. $78,482 – Max. $102,026
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Communications, the incumbent ensures the organization, coordination, implementation, control and reporting of all CBHSSJB communications programs, services and activities. Operating at both the Regional and Local level, the incumbent oversees the integration of operational and strategic communications for all departments of the organization, working closely with managers and their teams. The incumbent works closely with the coordinator of the Digital Media and Development unit to support and implement internal and external communications activities developed within the team.
SUMMAYR OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the tactical and operational planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control and reporting communications, according to the CBHSSJBs communication approach and policies.
- Contributes to the strategic and tactical planning of communications of the CBHSSJB.
- Ensures that communications activities are aligned with the organization’s mission and strategic orientations, and that they reflect Cree values and culture at all times.
- Collaborates closely with the Coordinator – Digital Platform and Media Development in the planning and organization of Communication activities in carrying out their activities.
- Creates an environment that facilitates communication and collaboration within the Communications Department and between different internal collaborators.
- Provides advice and support to the management and staff for their communication needs.
- Advises the Assistant Director and the Director of Communications on communication and information needs, strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure that every project entrusted to the team has a positive impact on the brand and on the organization’s growth.
- Contributes to communication and information needs of the organization through collaborative partnerships, relationships, liaison and involvement with the various partners of the Eeyou/Eenou and MSSS networks and ensures the receiving and dissemination of various types of “information” from and to various external and internal sources.
- Foster the commitment of its teams to achieving the highest standards of excellence and innovation in communications.
- Contributes to building collaboration mechanisms with the communications department and internal and external collaborators (i.e. committee functioning).
- Contributes to the development of the orientations, objectives and policies of the communications department.
- Collaborates in the development of procedures for information dispersal in emergency situations (i.e. fires, pandemics). Ensures the communication role according to such procedures.
- Develop and ensure compliance with quality standards and quality control measures for communications projects, and measure the quality and impact of the communications plans.
- Implement appropriate measurements and feedback mechanisms to track the effectiveness of initiatives/campaigns, with a focus on continuous improvement, thereby evaluating new communications opportunities, developing new projects and ensuring that objectives are met.
- Collaborates in the production of the Annual Report and other Board level reports.
- Contributes to the development of the Staff Newsletter and all other pertinent document, notices, brochures, and social media intervention, web, intranet, etc.
- Participates in the relevant MSSS committees at the request of the Director.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in communications;
- A master’s degree in a field related to communications or management is an asset;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a management position in the field of communications.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation.
- Ability to effectively manage a staff/functional management in a line-staff organization.
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and respectful leadership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader.
- Good knowledge of communications strategies on digital platforms and medias.
- Attention to detail, sense of organization and ability to prioritize multiple files.
- Experience with partners and political bodies.
- In-depth understanding and familiarity with the challenges of the health and social services sector.
- In-depth understanding and familiarity with the challenges of the francophone, anglophone, and Indigenous communities.
- Thorough understanding of relations with public and political bodies, as well as local and provincial.
- Good command of social networks such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and social services programming.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel;
- This position may involve after-hours and weekend work, as needed
POSTING START/END DATE: 2023-11-08/2023-11-22
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home -> Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.-