Posting # M-2122-0015
Position # 0054
|DEPARTMENT:||Nursing Administration (600103)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 – Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 37: Min. $73,955 – Max. $96,141|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Eeyou Istchee Regional Hospital, the incumbent ensures the management for all the services and activities within the jurisdiction of the Administrative Center Unit. This is for: administrative support for the functioning of the Director’s Office; management of an administrative Management Information System, and; functioning of the Hospital’s communications coordination; support to the Hospital’s management; employee relations and line management of administrative resources staff embedded in the Services Units; food services management; material and operational resources management.
These responsibilities are carried out in collaboration with the functional responsibilities of the Administrative Resources Group as concerns organizational administrative service/programming planning, and; professional standards and quality assurance planning.
The incumbent contributes to the planning, and development of the Unit’s programs, policies and protocols, and other programming, evaluation and quality assurance functions.
- Ensures the operational level management, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, supervision, and reporting, and; the human, financial, material and information resources management, for all the services within their Hospital Administrative Unit’s jurisdiction.
- Collaborates administratively with the hospital’s prevention and control of infections function.
- Collaborates in the planning, and ensures the coordination, delivery and supervision of any other services or programs that fall within their mandate.
- Provides administrative support and coordination to the Hospital’s management in the distribution of the workload, the preparation of work schedules and control of the staff’s timesheets. Carries out the fore-going in collaboration with the management team as regards staffs’ shared time between Units.
- Ensures that a safe and hygienic environment is maintained for the Beneficiaries, staff and visitors.
- Ensures the quality of services offered, in a perspective of continuous improvement and evaluation.
- Collaborates in the identification and planning of coordination and continuity mechanisms for the 24 hours per day services, and; response to any clinical or other emergency, as required.
- Contributes to the implementation and supervision of the Quality Assurance Program, the norms and standards of quality and interventions, and the satisfaction of the clientele served.
- Ensures the supervision, quality assurance and on-going evaluation according to the policies in place.
- Ensures sufficient staffing levels at all times in order to effectively execute operations.
- Ensures compliance and respect of the laws, regulations, ethics, norms policies and procedures for the Unit
- Bachelor degree in administration;
- One (1) year experience in service management or supervision in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- College degree in administration;
- Three (3) years experiences in service management or supervision in a multidisciplinary team setting.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good knowledge of the Quebec public administration management laws and regulations; knowledge of those for a Regional Board, CIUSSS/CISSS, Hospital and long-term care programs is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the MSSS laws, regulations, Network, orientations and programs for the management of resources in the MSSS health and social services environment is an asset;
- Good knowledge of current issues and trends in management, and operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance;
- General knowledge of the entire range of administrative sub-functions, and especially financial management information systems and collective agreements;
- Understanding and appreciation of human resources functions and issues;
- Good leadership and line management skills, including human and information resources management;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and social services programming;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and language is an asset;
- Good critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member;
- Excellent ability with administrative computer applications and management information systems, especially Office applications.
- Fluent in English and Cree;
- Fluency in French is an asset;
- Ability to read French is an asset.
- Willing to travel;
- This position includes on-call periods;
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-11-09 / 2021-11-23|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.