Posting # M-2223-0016B
Position #: 0064
COORDINATOR ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT CMC (0275)
PERMANENT – FULL-TIME
|DEPARTMENT:||Miyupimaatisiiun Center Nemaska (720151)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent – Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 36: Min. $74,481.00 – Max. $96,826.00|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director – CMC, the incumbent contributes to the planning, organization, coordination and support for the delivery of services of the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centre (CMC). The incumbent collaborates with the Director CMC and the first line CMC coordinators to provide healthcare and social services to the population by coordinating the administrative and materiel operation for the CMC. The incumbent serves as a liaison, coordination and support point amongst all concerned management for the CMC administrative services.
- Bachelor degree in administration;
- One (1) year experience in service management or supervision in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- College degree in administration;
- Three (3) years experiences in service management or supervision in a multidisciplinary team setting.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the Quebec public administration management laws and regulations; knowledge of those for a Regional Board, CIUSSS/CISSS, Youth Protection, Hospital and readaptation programs is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the MSSS laws, regulations, Network, orientations and programs for the management of resources in the MSSS health and social services environment is an asset;
- Good knowledge of current issues and trends in management, and operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance;
- General knowledge of the entire range of administrative sub-functions, and especially financial management information systems and collective agreements;
- Understanding and appreciation of human resources functions and issues;
- Good leadership and line management skills, including human and information resources management;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and social services programming;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and language is an asset;
- Good critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member;
- Good working ability with administrative computer applications and management information systems, especially Office applications.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and/or French is an asset;
- Ability to read French is an asset.
- Willing to travel;
- Includes on-call periods.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-01-20/2023-02-19|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.