POSTING #: M-2324-0007
POSITION #: 0109
COORDINATOR FOSTER HOMES (0355)
DEPARTMENT: Foster Homes (037080)
WORK LOCATION: Regional Eeyou Istchee
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Intermediate Manager
STATUS: 1 – Permanent Full Time
SALARY: Class 37: Min. $78,482 – Max. $102,026
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the DPSQA-Psycho-Social, the incumbent oversees the daily implementation and supervision of the quality of the services and interventions provided by the Foster Care Resources. The Coordinator will also contribute to the line management leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination and reporting of the Foster Care Unit, in collaboration with others and according to the CBHSSJBs clientele approach.
Furthermore, the incumbent will oversee the management of the Foster Care Resources including the recruitment of foster families, foster placements, accreditations of foster families, quality assurance, as well as administrative operations, employee supervision, monitoring and reporting, and financial resources management.
More specifically, the incumbent will:
- Ensure the operational level line management access, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, supervision, and reporting for all the interventions, services and programs
within the Foster Homes Unit’s jurisdiction;
- Provides planning and organization of placement in foster home and adoption services;
- Contribute to the definition of the types of services and interventions required to respond to the Cree beneficiaries’ various types foster care and adoption needs;
- Ensure the design, development, organization, distribution, updating and evaluation of services and program planning, and that it is complete for operational use, including clinical, service and intervention objectives, programs, policies, protocols, and program and employee;
- Develop support tools, resulting in program manuals and management guidelines that support a quality assurance system design of the foster care and adoption programs;
- Ensure that programs and services are up to date and ready to be implemented quickly.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies or Psychosocial field, such as Social Work, Psycho-Education, Criminology, Sociology or Psychology or be on the list of persons with acquired rights in accordance with PL-21.
- Certificate in Administration is an asset;
- Membership in L’Ordre des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec is an asset;
- Three (3) years experience in Youth Protection services, specially in the Foster Care field or in the management of foster family programs.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of the Act respecting the criminal justice system for adolescents, and of the laws and regulations of the Quebec Ministry of Health and Social Services (MSSS) in matters of youth protection, foster care, and adoption;
- Good knowledge of the MSSS network, the DYP, Foster Homes network and its current orientations and operations;
- Good knowledge of S5 legislation;
- Knowledge of specialized youth services within the MSSS network, for accessibility and corridors of services;
- Good knowledge of Foster Care and adoption practices, current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems;
- Strong leadership, multidisciplinary team functioning and line management skills;
- Good knowledge of operational planning, organization and coordination; budget planning and financial management, as well as human, material and information resources management;
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Ability in the planning and development of new services and programs;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Human relations, coaching and mediation skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues;
- Ability in office computer applications;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation social services;
- Knowledge of Cree healing practices and paradigms, appropriate to a management role, is an asset;
- Ability to apply Cree culture, values and teachings into programs and services is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language is an asset.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel
POSTING START/END DATE: 2023-11-17/2023-12-01
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home -> Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions? Email us email@example.com
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.-