- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Posting # DEV-S-2021-0044A
Position # 5480, 5481
COOK’S HELPER (6299) PERMANENT FULL-TIME
DEPARTMENT: Elders’ Home (500010)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi
STATUS: 1 Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: $20.19
The Elders’ home of Chisasibi is a residential and long-term care center of 15 residents with a projected total of 32 residents in 2022. The mission of a residential and long-term care centre is to offer, on a temporary or permanent basis, an alternative environment, lodging, assistance, support and supervision services as well as rehabilitation, psychosocial and nursing care and pharmaceutical and medical services to adults who, by reason of loss of functional or psychosocial autonomy can no longer live in their natural environment, despite the support of their families and friends. To that end, the center shall receive, on referral, the persons who require such services, ensure that their needs are periodically assessed and that the required services are offered within its facilities.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who assists in the preparation and cooking of all kinds of foods such as soups, meats, vegetables and desserts. She/he may be assigned to the preparation of light meals.
- High School Diploma.
- DEP in Cooking.
- No specific experience.
Please note that applicants who do not have the above mentioned requirements may be considered for this position if they possess the following requirements:
- No specific diploma
- One (1) to two (2) years of related experience;
- A reading and writing test successfully completed
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food preparation, cooking techniques, and maintaining a kitchen;
- Must be in good health: physical capability to lift, pull and push heavy loads;
- Physical capability to remain standing on feet for long period;
- Must respect cleanliness;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication;
- Well organized;
- Must be able to work in a team
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
POSTING START/END DATE: 11/30/2020 – 12/14/2020
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 2
HOUSING PROVIDED: No
SHIFT TYPE: Rotation: Day/Evening
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7.75/38.75
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.