- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Waswanipi
- Education Level High School Diploma
DEPARTMENT: Women’s Shelter (643161)
WORK LOCATION: Waswanipi
HOURLY SALARY: (1) $20.19
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who assists in the preparation and cooking of all kinds of foods such as soups, meats, vegetables and desserts. She/he may be assigned to the preparation of light meals.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- DEP in Cooking.
- No specific experience.
Please note that applicants who do not have the above mentioned requirements may be considered for this position if they possess the following requirements.
A reading and writing test must also be successfully completed to be considered.
- No specific diploma and;
- One (1) to two (2) years of related experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food preparation, cooking techniques, and maintaining a kitchen;
- Must be in good health: physical capability to lift, pull and push heavy loads;
- Physical capability to remain standing on feet for long period;
- Must respect cleanliness;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication;
- Well organized;
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Only female applicants will be taken in consideration for this position due to the specific mandate of this shelter.
Posting start/end date: 03/04/2020 – 03/18/2020
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7.75/38.75
Housing provided: No
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
PR # : S-1920-0762B
Position Number : 6108
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.