Department: Eeyou Eenou Police Force (EEPF)
Salary Grade 5: $73,420.00 – $98,015.00
The Controller is responsible of the administration: plan, organize, direct, control all activities related to human resources, material resources, and monitoring of BeeOn for the Regional Police Force. Guides decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
The responsibilities and authorities described below are subject to a variety of local, provincial and federal laws, regulations and established policies issued by Cree Nation Government.
- Implement short and long-term plans for programs and services for the human resources and material resources functions.
- Contribute to the planning and development of appropriate courses of action, recommending alternative means of achieving objectives, projecting consequences of alternatives so selected.
- Monitor operations to ensure their effectiveness and the respect of previously negotiated agreements.
Finance/Material Resources Responsibilities
- Participate in the management of the Regional Police Force financial resources by assisting with the preparation of the annual budget for his sector.
- Monitor the budget expenses for the Director and provides reports every month.
- Supervise or control the payment of invoices and ensures that all maintenance contracts are renewed as required.
- Prepare the specifications for the calls for tenders in collaboration with the Director of Capital Works and Services / Deputy Director of Operations.
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for all requisitions and control of inventory.
Training and Development Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Police Director, prepares an annual training budget based on general orientation.
- Manage the training budget.
- Monitor complaints as informed by subalterns and reports to the Police and administer the disciplinary process.
- Make recommendations on all relevant matters under his jurisdiction, such as employee files, negotiations, grievances, legal matters and hearings, as well as all material resources.
- Supervise and lead direct reports.
- Assist with development of team objectives, as well as individual objectives for direct reports by ensuring that performance is aligned with those objectives.
- Identify training needs, recommend solutions, and support training and development.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations for direct reports and assist supervisors through formal performance evaluations and regular one-on-one meetings.
- Promote on-going, effective and open communication with employees. Keep staff members informed of decisions that impact them and/or their department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, human resources or related file.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in Cree, French, English (2 out of 3).
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to conduct himself/herself with a high degree of professionalism and to adhere to the code of ethics established for this purpose.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, discretion, flexibility, initiative, tactfulness and honesty.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work at an executive level with little or no supervision
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to undergo a background check.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a Cree JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From: March 25, 2020 to April 14, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: EEPF-200320-1
Recruitment Officer – EEPF