Controller – 2nd Posting
Regular Full-Time Position with six (6) months’ probation
Posting Date: September 21, 2022
Ending Date: October 5, 2022 before 5pm
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Salary: $61,686 to $92,530
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of selected companies and businesses under the Tawich Umbrella including production of periodic accounting reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the accounting records, documents, reports are properly maintained and accurate.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the corporation’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of selected subsidiaries and companies under common control corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Act and perform as a resource person related to accounting activities.
- Make the accounting analysis of documents required by auditors and Government Agencies.
- Control data entries in the general ledger and supervisor regular analysis of their accuracy.
- Keep financial records for comparison between actual and budgeted revenues and expenditures.
- Upon supervisor’s request, carry out other duties related to the job.
- University degree in administration, accounting/finance or related field,
- Five or more years of relevant experience,
- Professional certification (CPA),
- Knowledge of Avantage Software,
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality,
- Demonstrated ability to work under significant pressure, and to adapt to a changing environment;
- Bilingual (English and Cree or French).
To apply, please submit your cover letter & resume to:
Judith Georgekish, Interim-Secretary
Tawich Development Corporation
12 Tawich Road, P.O. Box 210
and/or by e-mail: email@example.com