WE ARE HIRING A CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS MANAGEMENT TEACHER
Please indicate the competition number # CHI-4320.
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022 (3:00 PM)
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking dynamic, experienced professionals to teach the upcoming Business Construction Management Program in the Cree Nation of Chisasibi.
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training, and/or presenting information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support Cree capacity building.
- The ability to teach in English is required for the contracted positions offered in the Vocational Training sector.
- Valid qualifications for teaching in Quebec are a definite asset
- 5 years of relevant experience is needed.
- Hold the Health and Safety card on construction sites awarded by ASP Construction.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13, 573
Retention Premium: $3,500 to $ 5,000
*Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
Start date in October 2022.
The Construction Business Management program (program code 5309) is a 450-hour vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
To apply, please complete the Application Form here. All documents must be submitted in PDF format.