- Period Of EmploymentPermanent
Reporting to the Executive Vice-President, General Manager, Eeyou-Istchee Baie-James Hub, the incumbent is responsible for engineering and construction activities associated with mining and processing operations, as well as with the Hub’s various corporate projects. He uses his expertise to integrate industry and corporate engineering and construction best practices across all projects. He participates in the selection of the groups involved, ensures that control mechanisms are in place, and emphasizes constructability in the technical development of projects.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs certain projects entrusted directly to him; typically, strategic projects.
- Ensures integration between existing and future plants.
- Identify, raise, and manage project risks and issues.
- Assists Team’s Project.
- Participates in various strategic project meetings.
- Be a leader in facilitating the implementation of constructability in projects.
- Supports the development of highly automated plants integrating intelligent operations.
- Acts as primary technical resource for operations and project representatives, including consulting firms involved in projects.
- Anticipates problem situations, then supports and advises teams.
- Translates the sector’s strategic vision into a roadmap.
- Is responsible for the division’s construction resources.
- In partnership with various internal and external collaborators, manages various implementation and technological optimization projects.
- Challenges the status quo of the company’s processes and ways of doing things by proposing innovative solutions.
- Is involved in the development of project execution strategies.
- Innovates and supports the integration of operational, management and design best practices.
- Participates in the integration of initiatives provided by Sayona’s external partners.
- Performs all other related tasks.
- Training relevant to the position.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in construction and engineering management.
- Experience in large-scale projects, operational and commissioning experience.
- Experience in mining projects.
- Willing to work flexible hours, the incumbent will be required to travel to offices in Montreal, Chibougamau, Abitibi, within and outside Canada.
- Experience in the lithium field, an asset.
- Bilingual; French and English.
- Fluency in Cree, an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong capacity for analysis and synthesis.
- Demonstrate leadership (managerial courage, competence, and integrity) and strategic vision.
- Mobilizing and collaborative leadership.
- Strong business acumen.
- Curiosity, rigor, and a strong sense of construction.
- Dynamism and professional integrity.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both French and English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidisciplinary teams focused on process implementation and continuous improvement.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively on several projects at the same time under tight deadlines.
- Work location: Flexible (Montreal and Chibougamau offices), telecommuting and regular travel.
- Flexible schedule.
- Annual bonus and long-term incentive bonus.
- Group insurance and highly competitive pension fund.
- 8 floating vacations to use as you wish each year.
- Professional development and training.
- A friendly, dynamic team just waiting for you
Does this position appeal to you? Are you looking for a new challenge? Send your application now to https://www.sayona.ca/emplois/. We look forward to meeting you!
It should be noted that the masculine gender was used in the job description to lighten the text. Regardless of your gender, your application will be treated with integrity and professionalism.
Sayona thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.