Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Concrete Plan Operator is part of the Surface Operations team. He/she plans and carries out the production of concrete for the mining site, coordinates concrete deliveries and operates a wheel loader for the Surface Services team.
- Prepare concrete recipes based on users
- Coordinate and deliver, as needed, concrete deliveries for the mine
- Perform cleaning and maintenance tasks on concrete-related equipment
- Support the Surface Services team, operating a wheel loader
- Use a computerized production system
- Complete the daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Monitor and inspect the equipment and systems in order to detect failures and ensure plant operations run smoothly
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Ensure the workplaces are clean and safe at all times
- Report any incident/accident to his/her supervisor
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties + support Airport and site Operations
- Diploma of Secondary Studies
- Knowledge of IT
- Valid driver’s licence
- Bilingualism, French/English (an asset)
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore Mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than December 06, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..