Computer Technician – Principal Class
Information & Technologies
COMPETITION NUMBER CHI-3558
LOCATION OF WORK Chisasibi – Education Services
NATURE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Director of Information & Technologies, the principal role of this position is to help the administrative office of the Education Services, the Adult Education sector, as well as the 2 schools in Chisasibi to maximize the computer integration within a work and pedagogical environment; To install and support inhouse or commercial applications, to manage the networks of the two schools in Chisasibi, to fix highly complicated problems for computer users (administrative employees, teachers and students). This employee will also be called to visit on occasions the schools in the communities of Whapmagoostui to do some technical tasks such as installing new equipments and supporting the installed inventory of equipments and users.
- Tests or modifies applications in order to meet the specific needs of users more specifically at the pedagogical but also at the administrative level;
- Adapts the local area networks of the two schools as well as the one at the office of Education Services, if necessary to ensure that they are compatible with existing systems and that they meet the needs of the users;
- Manages, installs and configures systems components according to the procedures established by the I.T.T. Services;
- Develops and oversees the application of various procedures related to the use of networks and equipments, particularly those concerning backup copies, deletion of obsolete files and equipment maintenance as well as the maintenance of network user accounts in accordance to the Internet, Email and Use of Network Resources Policy in place at the Cree school Board;
- Acts as a resource person for the highly complicated maintenance of equipments and software, particularly with regard to the installation and configuration;
- Drafts instructions for software and applications and participates in the training of users and supports them in order to maximize their use;
- Ensures proper operation of telephone equipments throughout the administrative offices and schools, check for telecommunication devices changes, phone extensions, etc… If need be, performs any other related duty.
- Hold a diploma of college studies in computer science technology (specialty in computer integration in the classroom would be an asset) or a diploma or a recognized attestation/certificate in the field of information & technologies.
- Preferably 4 years of experience.
- Bilingual (French and English) Cree language proficiency would be an asset.
- Available to travel.
- This employee will be required to be autonomous and may be required to supervise the work of other less experimented technicians.
- Full-time replacement position for an undetermined period.
- 35 hours/week
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
- $23.12/hr – $33.61/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 – $13,573
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to: email@example.com
Human Resources Services Cree School Board
203 Main Street Mistissini,
QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: CHI-3558 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
POSTING DATE October 31, 2019
END OF POSTING November 14, 2019 4:30 PM