Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level College
LOCATION OF WORK
MISTISSINI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK
- Under the supervision of the Director of Information & Technologies, the principal role of this position is to help the administrative office of the Adult Education sector to maximize the computer integration within a work and pedagogical environment; To install and support in-house or commercial applications, to manage the networks, to fix highly complicated problems for computer users (administrative employees, teachers and students).
- The employee in this class of employment programs or modifies applications using appropriate programming languages in order to meet the specific needs of users; he or she tests software and programs and, if necessary, adapts them to ensure that they are compatible with existing systems and that they meet the needs of users.
- He or she manages, installs and configures systems or oversees the installation of components according to the procedures he or she establishes; tests, modifies and upgrades computer networks;
- Develops and oversees the application of various procedures related to the use of networks and equipment, particularly those concerning backup copies, destruction of obsolete files and equipment maintenance.
- He or she acts as a resource person for the complicated breakdowns of equipment and software, particularly with regard to the installation and configuration and, if need be, carries out installations and configurations.
- He or she drafts instructions for software and applications and participates in the training of users.
- He or she formulates suggestions and recommendations concerning the purchase of computer equipment.
- He or she may assist analysts in the analysis, development and implementation of computer systems, as needed.
- He or she may oversee computer-related work.
- He or she may be required to train less experienced technicians as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
- Hold a diploma of college studies in computerscience technology (specialty in computer integration in the classroom would be an asset) or a diploma or a recognized attestation/certificate in the field of information & technologies.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Cree language proficiency would be an asset.
- Available to travel.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week;
- Salary: $23.12/hr to $33.61/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible Please complete the Application Form found HERE or forward your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street Mistissini,
QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3597
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.