LOCATION OF WORK
Chisasibi – James Bay Eeyou School (High School)
NATURE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Director of Adult Education Services, the principal role of this position is to help the administrative office of the Adult Education sector to maximize the computer integration within a work and pedagogical
environment; To install and support in-house or commercial applications, to manage the networks, to fix highly complicated problems for computer users (administrative employees, teachers and students).
- Tests or modifies applications in order to meet the specific needs of users more specifically at the pedagogical but also at the administrative level;
- Adapts the local area networks of the high school, if necessary to ensure that they are compatible with existing systems and that they meet the needs of the users;
- Manages, installs and configures systems components according to the procedures established by the I.T.T. Services;
- Develops and oversees the application of various procedures related to the use of networks and equipments, particularly those concerning backup copies, deletion of obsolete files and equipment maintenance as well as the maintenance of network user accounts in accordance to the Internet, Email and Use of Network Resources Policy in place at the Cree school Board;
- Acts as a resource person for the highly complicated maintenance of equipments and software, particularly with regard to the installation and configuration;
- Drafts instructions for software and applications and participates in the training of users and supports them in order to maximize their use;
- Ensures proper operation of telephone equipments throughout the administrative offices and schools, check for telecommunication devices changes, phone extensions, etc…
- If need be, performs any other related duty.
- Hold a diploma of college studies in computer science technology (specialty in computer integration in the classroom would be an asset) or a diploma or a recognized attestation/certificate in the field of information & technologies.
- Preferably 4 years of experience.
- English is necessary, French would be an asset.
- Cree language proficiency would be an asset.
- Available to travel.
- This employee will be required to be autonomous and may be required to supervise the work of other less experimented technicians.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Temporary, Full-Time Replacement Position for an undetermined period
Salary: $23.12/hr – $33.61/hr
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: CHI-4476
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
October 18th, 2022
END OF POSTING
October 31st, 2022 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.