OPEN POSITION: COMPUTER TECHNICIAN, PRINCIPAL CLASS
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI – ADULT EDUCATION SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER MIS-3723
NATURE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Director of Adult Education Services, the principal role of this position
is to help the administrative office of the Adult Education sector to maximize the computer integration within a work and pedagogical environment; To install and support in-house or commercial applications, to manage the networks, to fix highly complicated problems for computer users (administrative employees, teachers and students).
- The employee in this class of employment programs or modifies applications using appropriate programming languages in order to meet the specific needs of users; he or she tests software and programs and, if necessary, adapts them to ensure that they are compatible with existing systems and that they meet the needs of users.
- He or she manages, installs and configures systems or oversees the installation of components according to the procedures he or she establishes; tests, modifies and upgrades computer networks;
- Develops and oversees the application of various procedures related to the use of networks and equipment, particularly those concerning backup copies, destruction of obsolete files and equipment maintenance.
- He or she acts as a resource person for the complicated breakdowns of equipment and software,
particularly with regard to the installation and configuration and, if need be, carries out installations
- He or she drafts instructions for software and applications and participates in the training of users.
- He or she formulates suggestions and recommendations concerning the purchase of computer equipment.
- He or she may assist analysts in the analysis, development and implementation of computer
systems, as needed.
- He or she may oversee computer-related work.
- He or she may be required to train less experienced technicians as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty
- Hold a diploma of college studies in computer science technology (specialty in computer integration in the classroom would be an asset) or a diploma or a recognized attestation/certificate in the field of information & technologies.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Cree language proficiency would be an asset.
- Available to travel
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- Salary: $23.12/hr to $33.61/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
October 7, 2020
END OF POSTING
October 21, 2020 5:00 PM
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3723
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.