Computer Technician – Principal Class
LOCATION OF WORK
MISTISSINI – ADULT EDUCATION SERVICES
NATURE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Director of Adult Education Services, the principal role of this position is to help the administrative office of the Adult Education sector to maximize the computer integration within a work and pedagogical
environment; To install and support in-house or commercial applications, to manage the networks, to fix highly complicated problems for computer users (administrative employees, teachers and students).
- The employee in this class of employment programs or modifies applications using appropriate programming languages in order to meet the specific needs of users; he or she tests software and programs and, if necessary, adapts
them to ensure that they are compatible with existing systems and that they meet the needs of users.
- He or she manages, installs and configures systems or oversees the installation of components according to the procedures he or she establishes; tests, modifies and upgrades computer networks;
- Develops and oversees the application of various procedures related to the use of networks and equipment, particularly those concerning backup copies, destruction of obsolete files and equipment maintenance.
- He or she acts as a resource person for the complicated breakdowns of equipment and software, particularly with regard to the installation and configuration and, if need be, carries out installations and configurations.
- He or she drafts instructions for software and applications and participates in the training of users.
- He or she formulates suggestions and recommendations concerning the purchase of computer equipment.
- He or she may assist analysts in the analysis, development and implementation of computer systems, as needed.
- He or she may oversee computer-related work.
- He or she may be required to train less experienced technicians as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
- Hold a diploma of college studies in computer science technology (specialty in computer integration in the classroom would be an asset) or a diploma or a recognized attestation/certificate in the field of information & technologies.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Cree language proficiency would be an asset.
- Available to travel.
Regular, Full-Time Position
Salary: $23.12/h to $33.61/h
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Retention Premium: $5 500.00- $10 000.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-4506
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
October 27th, 2022
END OF POSTING
November 9, 2022
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.