Support to Education Services and Adult Education sector of Chisasibi
LOCATION OF WORK
Information and Technology Services
NATURE OF WORK
- The primary role of this position will be to provide user support, to the infrastructure in place and the maintenance and deployment of technological equipment related to the educational services departments and the adult education sector of Chisasibi.
- Secondly, if necessary, this person will assist the 2 other technicians in place in this community to ensure optimal support for users and technologies.
- Tests and modifies applications in order to meet the specific needs of users and adapts them ensure that they are compatible with the existing systems in place and ensures their functionality.
- Acts as resource person for teachers, students and RÉCIT pedagogical advisers for hardware and software troubleshooting, especially for installations and configurations of pedagogical and digital technologies deployed in school classrooms.
- Drafts instructions for using hardware, software and digital pedagogical applications, and participates in user training as needed.
- Formulates suggestions and proposes recommendations to his superior officers and colleagues concerning the purchase of equipment related to pedagogical use in school classrooms
- Ensures that the proposed digital pedagogical systems are in compliance with the School Board’s pre-established standards.
- Participates in various team projects in I.T. and must be available to travel to schools / communities in the territory covered by the School Board on occasion.
- If need be, he performs any other related duty.
- Hold a diploma of College studies in computer science technology, or hold an attestation/certificate of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual in French and English.
- Cree language would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel.
- Permanent, full-time position
- 35 hours/week
- Willingness to travel
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined.
- $23.12/hr to $33.61/hr (as per eligible past experience)
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate posting #: CHIS-4069
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact email@example.com
DATE OF POSTING: November 2, 2021
END OF POSTING: November 16, 2021 5:00 PM