LOCATION OF WORK
EASTMAIN Information and Technology Services
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists of preparing and installing workstations, various commercial and InHouse applications, to assume the management of school networks, to perform the most complex repairs with the technologies used by employees and studentsin the school (Help Desk), and to assist other members of the IT department in the implementation of new systems and infrastructures in the school.
- The employee in this class of employment installs and supports standardized applications, to meet the needs of users of the school in the educational and administrative sectors; he (she) tests various software and programs and, if necessary, adapts them to ensure that they are compatible with the existing systems.
- He or She manages networks; installs and configures them or controls the installation of components according to pre-established procedures; tests, modifies and upgrades the school’s computer networks; designs and monitors the application of various procedures related to the use of networks and equipment, including those relating to back-ups, removal (parking) of outdated files and maintenance of devices in the school. He or She acts as a resource person for the most complex hardware and software troubleshooting, including installation and configuration.
- He or She writes instructions and guidelinesfor using software and applications and participates in user training.
- He or She makes suggestions and recommendations regarding the purchase of computer equipment to her superiors.
- If necessary, he or she may be called upon to assist the network / system manager with the implementation of new computer systems in the school.
- She may be called upon to supervise the execution of certain computer work in the school under the direction of the IT department.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
- Hold a Diploma of College Studies in Computer Science Technology or in Computer Science Technology in an appropriate specialty for the class of employment or a diploma or an attestation (certificate) of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- Bilingual in French and English.
- Cree language would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel.
- full-time position
- 35 hours/week
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined.
- $22.59/hr to $30.46/hr (as per eligible past experience)
- Northern Allowance: $10,015.00 to $17,652.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE Please indicate the competition #: EAST-3950 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING: August 9, 2021
END OF POSTING: August 20, 2021 3:00 P.M