- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level College
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN – Principal Class
Support and deployment of pedagogical digital technologies in the classrooms.
COMPETITION NUMBER MIS-3557
LOCATION OF WORK MISTISSINI – ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE Information and Technology Services
NATURE OF WORK
The primary role of this position will be to provide support and maintenance of equipment related to the deployment of high-end digital teaching technologies in school board school classes related to the Provincial Digital Action Plan.
Also, his work will consist in installing, supporting and maintaining the various applications necessary for the educational use of the material acquired through the Digital Action Plan in collaboration with the educational services of the youth and adult levels of the School Board.
- Tests and modifies applications in order to meet the specific needs of users and adapts them ensure that they are compatible with the existing systems in place and ensures their functionality.
- Acts as resource person for teachers, students and RÉCIT pedagogical advisers for hardware and software troubleshooting, especially for installations and configurations of pedagogical and digital technologies deployed in school classrooms.
- Drafts instructions for using hardware, software and digital pedagogical applications, and participates in user training as needed
- Formulates suggestions and proposes recommendations to his superior officers and colleagues concerning the purchase of equipment related to pedagogical use in school classrooms
- Ensures that the proposed digital pedagogical systems are in compliance with the School Board’s pre-established standards.
- Participates in various team projects in I.T. and must be available to travel to schools / communities in the territory covered by the School Board on occasion.
- If need be, he performs any other related duty.
- Hold a diploma of college studies in computer science technology, or hold an attestation/certificate of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual in French and English. Cree language would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel.
- Permanent, full-time position
- 35 hours/week
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
- $23.12/hr to $33.61/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to: email@example.com
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3557 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
POSTING DATE October 31, 2019
END OF POSTING November 14, 2019 4:30 PM