JOB TITLE: COMPENSATION & BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
DATE OF POSTING: AUGUST 24, 2022
END OF POSTING: SEPTEMBER 7, 2022 AT 5:00PM
Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Human Resources; the Compensation and Benefit Administrator (CBA) assists the Director of HR with the administration of the compensations and benefits programs under the company and subsidiaries. The CBA manages all employee benefit programs in the companies from leave of absence to retirement plans. He must have a great attention to details as the correct processing and distribution of benefits is vital for employee retention and satisfaction.
Development of the Human Resources Department (HRD)
- Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities;
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as requested;
- Assist with the development and establishment of in-house trainings regarding the benefits and compensations;
- Participate to mandatory related training and staff meetings as requested by immediate supervisor;
- Ensure the code of ethics and confidentiality is respected at all times;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Compensation and Benefits
- Collaborate with accounting department for payments and deductions;
- Assist and provide payroll processing backup support. Partners with accounting and
- payroll to maintain the payroll data base;
- Prepare and submit on a timely manner remittance reports from payroll deductions;
- Conduct follow ups on payments to service providers for life insurance and Cree pension plan;
- Provide day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues;
- Administer the Cree Pension Plan and completes yearly compliance reporting from enrolment, remittances, change of status to year-end;
- Administer Group Insurances – enrolments, remittances and changes;
- Administer disability and worker’s compensation claims (CSST);
- Comply and process the garnishments received by the Government;
- Remit les Fonds Alimentaire when needed;
- Prepare and analyze reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company;
- Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested;
- Fully utilizes Human Resources software (Dayforce) to the company’s advantage;
- Prepare monthly reports by collecting and analyzing information such as Cree pension plan, child support and other remittances to third parties;
Law & Regulations
- Assist the Director of HR with the compliance of all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Quebec & Federal Labour Code Standards, Pay Equity, CSST, Cree Pension Plan, SunLife Insurance, CCQ and so forth. Maintain minimal company exposure to penalties charges and/or lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of employees and the companies in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Post-Secondary Certificate in Human Resources, Administration and/or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as benefits administrator or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; word, excel, outlook
- Understanding of different benefit plans (retirement, insurance, etc.) and relevant regulations
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices in provincial private sectors
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Great understanding skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Stress tolerance
- Team work
- Temporary Full-time (On-Contract)
- Thirty-five (35) hours per week
- Able to meet deadlines
- Mainly work in an office setting
- Grade 7: starting at $36,764 annually (20.20/hr), based on qualifications and experience
Interested candidates can submit their cover letter, CV/Resumé along with your credentials to:
Chisasibi Business & Development Group Inc. Attn: Human Resources, CBDG Inc.
P.O. Box 820, Chisasibi, QC. J0M 1E0
Tel: 855-2977 extension 347 or by Fax: 855-2271 Email: email@example.com