Sub-department: Surface operations
Location: Renard Mine
Home Ports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, St-Hubert and Quebec Airports
Posting date : November 23, 2021
Deadline to apply: December 14, 2021
Stornoway is looking to fill the position of Compactor Operator for the Surface Mine Operations of the Renard mine.
Your role will be to:
- Properly check and maintain the equipment in the operations department;
- Operate equipment safely;
- Ensure the efficient and safe conduct of activities;
- Work closely with supervision, technical services, operators and team members;
- Secure your workplace;
- Actively participate in planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Properly complete daily and other reports;
- Comply with laws, regulations and work procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
The skills we are looking for:
- DEP in heavy equipment operation with relevant experience particularly on a compactor, bulldozer, shovel, grader and small loader;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid general explosives permit;
- Ability to read plans;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent organizational and task execution skills;
- Ability to work proactively and effectively;
- Versatile and flexible in terms of the tasks to be performed;
- Exemplary attitude towards health and safety at work;
- Ability to communicate by radio in French and/or English.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring and promotion, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Please apply online directly from your Success Factors account.
Please ensure your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will contact you at the end of the posting to schedule a meeting.