Posting # S-2223-0704A
Position # 1759
Community Worker (2375)
DEPARTMENT: Social Services – CLSC (656160)
WORK LOCATION: Waswanipi
STATUS: 1 – Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $24.78 – Max. (12) $35.67
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who participates in identifying the needs of the population and uses the appropriate techniques to implement the various community action programs. She/he acts as a resource person for community groups.
- Must have a diploma of college studies in social work techniques or social service techniques or another appropriate specialization from a school recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport;
- This job title also includes those who have a certificate of college studies in social work techniques or social service techniques;
- Applicants with an attestation of college studies in Educators in Native Childcare Services or Special Needs Education aboriginal and Inuit children may be considered.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cree culture and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Ability to communicate with people, to run interviews and to establish and maintain a “helping relationship with beneficiaries”;
- Ready to learn about 2nd line services (“Youth Protection” and “Young Offender Procedures”);
- Skills in counseling and Knowledge of the laws: Y.O.A, Y.P.A, L.H.S.S.S
- Ability to work in collaboration with CLSC Community worker, NNADAP worker and other medical social services staff and other organisms within and outside the community;
- Initiative, dynamism and sense of responsibility;
- Must show initiative, be dynamic, exhibit responsibility and professionalism;
- Must be sensitive to issues within the family unit.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
POSTING START/END DATE: 2022-11-25/2022-12-23
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: No
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 / Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.