Posting # S-2223-0252A
Position # 1653
COMMUNITY WORKER (2375)
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $24.78 – Max (12) $35.67|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who participates in identifying the needs of the population and uses the appropriate techniques to implement various community action programs. She/he acts as a resource person for community groups.
- Must have a CEGEP diploma with a core concentration in techniques of social worker or a CEGEP certificate in social techniques or social counseling techniques.
- Completed Charlie Training or is willing to follow the training.
- Completed PCFI Training or is willing to follow the training.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cree culture and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Ability to communicate with people, to run interviews and to establish and maintain a helping relationship with the users;
- Interest and ability for paperwork and written reports;
- Willing to learn about 1st line services (including Home care) and work with the CLSC Clientele;
- Ability to work in collaboration with CLSC Community worker, NNADAP worker and other medical Social Services staff and other organisms within and outside the community;
- Must be ready to work occasionally outside the regular working hours (availability);
- Must be sensitive to women’s issues;
- Skills in counseling and knowledge of the laws: Y.O.A., Y.P.A., L.H.S.S.S;
- Understanding of families and human relations;
- Initiative, dynamism and sense of responsibility;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication skills;
- Autonomous, flexible, discrete and empathetic;
- Teamwork skills;
- Fluent in English and in Cree;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Must be available for psychosocial on-call periods.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||07/08/2022 – 07/29/2022|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.