DEPARTMENT: Social Services (656144)
WORK LOCATION: Waskaganish
STATUS 2 – Temporary Full-time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who does the identification and analysis of the needs of the population with concerned groups. She/he designs, coordinates and updates community organization programs to meet the needs of the community and promote its development. She/he acts as a resource person for the groups.
- Undergraduate degree in social sciences;
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychoeducation or psychology is an asset.
- Three (3) years of experience mainly in group monitoring and in project coordination achieved in partnership or in community organization.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Work experience with community organizations and concertation groups;
- Knowledge of community-based services related to families and their children living in a vulnerable context;
- Knowledge of social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Knowledge of historical trauma affecting social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills;
- Critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication and listening skills;
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Fluent in English and Cree.
Assignation is for One-year replacement.
Posting start/end date: 01/28/2020 -02/25/2020
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing provided No
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
Posting # : P-1920-0552B
Position Number : 1694
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.