- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Eastmain
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
OPEN POSITION: COMMUNITY EDUCATION ADMINISTRATOR (CEA)
LOCATION OF WORK: Waannutao School Eastmain
COMPETITION NUMBER: EAST-3756
NATURE OF WORK
Reporting to the Deputy Director General (Operations) of the Cree School Board (CSB), the Community Education Administrator (CEA) collaborates with school management in the implementation and monitoring of CSB policies and procedures. The CEA is the link to the community. More specifically, the CEA is responsible for overseeing the organization’s resources for their specific community (includes all administrative functions, facilities and activities) in support of the Cree School Board’s mission, vision and goals.
The CEA also collabortates with the Deputy Director General (Operations) and Cree School Board administrators on how to promote the optimal management of its resources at the local level and within the spirit of operational effectiveness and employee engagement.
The CEA leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Contribute to the development of the overall CSB Strategic Action Plan (5-year plan) as well as the annual planning process (priorities and objectives).
- In alignment with the Strategic Action Plan, develop and execute their individual plan in support of school and student success and community requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the overall CSB policies, by-laws, programs, procedures and Collective Agreements.
- Collaborate with the School Principal on the preparation and administration of the local budget and personnel plan and the Local School Improvement Plan (LSIP).
- Ensure liaison and coordination on local school matters between the band council, the School Committee, the School Principal, local entities and organizations.
- Responsible for administering all CSB property (moveable and immoveable) in the community including the supervision and coordination of equipment repairs, the preparation of electricity, gas and heating oil consumption reports and the management of all programs and maintenance contracts.
- Responsible for allocating housing according to relevant CSB policies and priority listing as well as overseeing all housing inspections.
- Manage the Room & Board program.
- Ensure that the meeting minutes are duly recorded during the School Committee and Adult Education local committee meetings.
- Responsible for the local transportation contracts and other transportation activities.
- Participate in resource selection and allocation (including work schedules and leaves), supervision coaching and professional development for all local non-pedagogical support team members under his/her direct supervision.
- Collaborate with the School Committee on all Human Resources matters regarding local non-pedagogical support staff including; monitoring of their appointment and engagement, promotion, reassignment, leave of absence, demotion, suspension, placement on availability or dismissal, as well as their vacation schedules.
- Collaborate with School Principal on all orientation and onboarding activities for new teachers.
- Any other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Solid leadership skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to build trust.
- Solid planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions of the Cree School Board and to develop strong organizational knowledge and relationships.
- Results-oriented with problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to promote teamwork within and across CSB departments.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations appropriately.
- Travel required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Cree language is required.
- Knowledge of the French language is an asset
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- To be determined
- Regular Full-time position.
- Salary: 84,166.00 to 112,219.00$
- Northern Allowance: $10,015 to $17,652
*Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law
regarding the Conditions of Employment of
Management and according internal procedures.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: EAST-3756
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
December 2, 2020
END OF POSTING
December 17, 2020 4:30 PM.